Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Can you limit what someone sees on Facebook?

(10 Posts)
PenguinBear Sun 15-Jun-14 22:14:01

Is there a way to limit what people say? If so, how?!

Couldn't find anything that worked on FB itself!

monkeyharris Sun 15-Jun-14 22:15:41

What way do you mean? Do you mean your page generally or specific things that you may post on your page?

Eebahgum Sun 15-Jun-14 22:16:39

Say or see? You can block people so they can't see anything. When you put up posts you can decide whether just your friends or friends of friends etc can see it. You can't set a post to be seen by everyone except x though.

WaitingForMyMam Sun 15-Jun-14 22:18:28

"You can't set a post to be seen by everyone except x though."

Yes you can. When you post something go to the button to the left of 'post'. Then go to 'custom' and enter the person's name.

monkeyharris Sun 15-Jun-14 22:21:20

That's incorrect Eebahgum as you can set a post to be seen by everyone except x - you just go to the 'friends' box on the post, 'more options', 'custom' and put x in the box that says 'don't share with'.

PenguinBear Sun 15-Jun-14 23:27:17

I'd like to make it so they're still a 'friend' but can't see anything. Is there a way to do this rather rltjsn each individual picture etc?

WaitingForMyMam Mon 16-Jun-14 00:19:01

If you mean your past posts, I think you can do that but I can't remember how.

If you mean every post from now on, you can do that, as mentioned above you need to have the custom setting which mean that every post will be hidden from that person. Monkey explained how.

monkeyharris Mon 16-Jun-14 00:28:39

If you use the custom option, as explained above, then it should remember that setting for all future status updates. However, not sure this is the case for posts you may 'share' so check before posting.

lecherrs Mon 16-Jun-14 02:09:04

Yes you can.

I have organised my friends into two groups 'close friends' and ' acquaintances'. Those who do not want to see my boring posts about my DDs are down as acquaintances. When I post something I either choose all friends, or all friends except acquaintances. This stops those people who do not know my children getting bored with mummy posts grin.

PenguinBear Mon 16-Jun-14 06:34:43

Thanks I'll sort mine into two groups too! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now