Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Selling clothes

(20 Posts)
2plus1plus1 Sun 15-Jun-14 21:05:06

So I'm having a massive clear out and I have lots of clothes which realistically I'm not going to wear again (thank you two pregnancies for making me ...larger!).

The clothes have been worn but are in good condition so wondering whether I could sell them. I don't really want to do eBay as can't really face the faff - is there any other way?

Any ideas?

Bithurt Sun 15-Jun-14 21:06:58

Selling pages on Facebook for your area? Gumtree.

Etah Sun 15-Jun-14 21:19:39

Are they very expensive clothes? In my clothes don't sell at all or people expect to pay very little if they are just ordinary high street brands.
What size?

Holfin Sun 15-Jun-14 21:21:53

I sold some on MusicMagpie but didn't get very much for them.

2plus1plus1 Sun 15-Jun-14 21:23:36

Mostly 8s. High street - Oasus, warehouse. So not expensive .
Was wondering whether to use music magpie. How did it work? Can u ask how much you got?

Redcoats Sun 15-Jun-14 21:29:07

Good high street names sell on ebay, but you won't get any thing like what you paid for them.

You get 20 free listings per month on eBay so give it a go.nothing ventured and all that.

Etah Mon 16-Jun-14 07:51:52

Is it allowed to link your eBay selling page here?

Ragwort Mon 16-Jun-14 07:57:45

Have you got a 'good as new' shop locally, we have two where I live, you get about 50% of what the shop sells them for.

2plus1plus1 Mon 16-Jun-14 09:05:15

I'm not sure whether there is a good as new shop-I'll look into that. thank you.

Lucked Mon 16-Jun-14 09:07:26

I don think it is worth it unless higher end items. Charity shop for pretty much everything.

NigellasDealer Mon 16-Jun-14 09:08:50

that quality of clothes should go to the charity shop - IMHO selling clothes like that is really tight.

2plus1plus1 Mon 16-Jun-14 09:13:01

nigella thank you for you useful contribution, I'm not about to explain my circumstances to you. I give plenty to charity shops so judge away.

NigellasDealer Mon 16-Jun-14 09:15:05

sorry if you are up against it -

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Mon 16-Jun-14 09:20:29

There is a great swap thread in the chat section on here. Don't know how to link it sorry. If you upload your stuff on a Flickr page and post it on there you may find someone who has something you want or need who wants to swap with you.

Here is my Flickr page shameless plug smile

Butterflyspring Mon 16-Jun-14 09:26:38

eBay free listing weekends are good for a clearout - start at 8-9pm to end on Mon or Tues night, start at the lowest price you want to achieve (never 99p), take good pics with nothing in the background (hanger hung on a plain wall with no other clutter visible) and send with proof of delivery. Hermes will send a parcel up to 1kg in weight for £2.98. Is a bit time consuming.

2plus1plus1 Mon 16-Jun-14 09:27:12

Thanks charlie that's really helpful. I'll have a look.

ZZorro Mon 16-Jun-14 09:28:38

IMO Oasis and warehouse are good brands and if in good condition you may get a fair price, granted people don't want to pay much on ebay but sometimes with these brands they do, it is a faff as you say, I got a trading assistant in my local area, go onto ebay site if your interested and search it, my lady was wonderful she sold lots for me I dropped it at her house and over a couple of months she'd email me regularly to say she had popped another £40 into my account. Some people love faffing and she did a great job with manequins etc. I paid her 40% of profits I would pay fees etc, she listed quite a lot for 99p to keep costs low and used free listing periods for higher priced items.

babybearsmummy Mon 16-Jun-14 09:42:05

I agree with charlietango, come and join the dark side swap thread! x

MrsDeanAmbrose Mon 16-Jun-14 10:04:47

Oasis/Warehouse etc go quite well on my local facebook selling sites, but priced at £1/£2 at the most.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Tue 17-Jun-14 17:00:19

hi baby!! <<waves>>

Can I just say I got the most TREMENDOUS shoes from this lovely lady, and shall be wearing them to a wedding next week! Along with a dress I also swapped. And a necklace. In fact, my whole wedding outfit is made up from MN swaps. Wonderful!

Hope to see you over on the swap shop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now