Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Come on people, can we have a happy thread?

(22 Posts)
Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 15-Jun-14 10:53:37

Is it me, or is there a lot of negative vibes about? (Maaaan)
I'm a miserable git at the best of times, but even I could do with a bit of happy.(or even just mildly not pissed off)
What is making you happy today?
Five weeks till end of term.
GCSES finish Thursday.
It's not raining.

Sparklingbrook Sun 15-Jun-14 10:57:12

I have just seen David Soul singing Silver Lady while driving a coach advertising National express. made my day. grin

KiaOraOAotearoa Sun 15-Jun-14 11:04:59

Just finished reading 'Perfect' by Rachel Joyce.
I am about to put together a really nice picnic and take the clan out, even if it is cloudy.
All is well here.

starsandunicorns Sun 15-Jun-14 11:06:52

I have 22 days till I get married we are eloping I am wearing a big cheesy grin at the minute

Spottybra Sun 15-Jun-14 11:08:26

Five weeks till the end of term? Fab. I'm happy. Will start looking for reading books for the summer for ds so he doesn't loose all he's learnt (he's 4yrs old).

Happy people don't make for fights though.

We are at the park. Cleaned the bedrooms yesterday including the carpets so its lovely and tidy upstairs. Tackling the downstairs later today.

No other mums in the park....a few dads though.

WilliamShatner Sun 15-Jun-14 11:12:26

I'm resting before going to work. The sun has gone in so I can't sunbathe.

Sparklingbrook Sun 15-Jun-14 11:19:21

We haven't had any sun to 'go in' envy

littlegreengloworm Sun 15-Jun-14 11:21:35

It's dh first father day and we are going to taste of Dublin grin baby is shouting dadda all morning, so cute.

My morning sickness is gone and I feel great

I am going to have a splurge late online for new clothes

Next week I am going to book a pedicure

chundercatsarego Sun 15-Jun-14 11:45:55

I just cut DH'S hair for the first time and it went ok. Not as 'styled' as the hairdresser apparently but good enough that he now wants it done every couple of weeks at hone rather than once every eight weeks at thw hairdresser costing ££££ and looking like chewbacca in between. grin proud.

Off to see the in laws now <actually a happy occasion despite everyone on mn hating their in laws> smile

oohdaddypig Sun 15-Jun-14 11:49:28

My DH says he feels like the luckiest daddy this Father's Day.

Fair made my heart swell.

figgypuddings Sun 15-Jun-14 11:54:10

We saw a guinea pig hotels yesterday. For some reason the males and females were separated. grin

CuriosityCola Sun 15-Jun-14 13:48:36

Having a lovely day with my boys. The sun isn't shining but it's nice and warm.

Well I am at work. Not really happy to be here but I am still in a good mood.

Stars I hope you have a lovely day when you get married!! wine

shouldnthavesaid Sun 15-Jun-14 13:59:21

Starting my new (first proper) job tomorrow grin. Nervous but excited too smile

Smilesandpiles Sun 15-Jun-14 14:05:35

My studies have finished for now.

I've already been accepted onto my back up course (just waiting for an interview for the course I really want)

My life idea is well underway and coming on nicely (for now anyway)

It's raining (a plus for me)

DD has just made some soda stream

I start driving tomorrow.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 15-Jun-14 17:00:32

Yay for all the happy people!
Stars, that's amazing. A mn wedding? Will you have a lemon drizzle cake? grin

lowcarbforthewin Sun 15-Jun-14 17:02:40

I just ate cheese.

usualsuspectt Sun 15-Jun-14 17:04:19

I didn't see your happy thread.

wine

MyFirstName Sun 15-Jun-14 17:15:14

I had a great night out last night, do not feel hungover today and am feeling H. A. P. P. Y.

After several shite years and undergoing some counselling for some long term ishooo....I am beginning to believe life can be GooooD again. This to makes me happy. grin

Hazelnut55 Sun 15-Jun-14 17:25:10

I nominated a lovely ex-colleague for an honour and it was given in yesterday's list. I'm so very proud!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Sun 15-Jun-14 17:34:53

Bloody hell we are good. That's amazing hazelnut.
I am on an austerity kick I'm skint so managed to make dinner for 6 without spending a penny. Wonder what the freezer will throw up for tomorrow? And we have a hot supply teacher in tomorrow.

Justpickagoddamnname Sun 15-Jun-14 17:37:20

I am reading a good book and, so far, it is uplifting and not at all miserable. My favourite type of book! ( Buddha da by Anne Donovan).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now