Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Anyone else's toddler a bit confused by Father's Day?

(11 Posts)
Ledkr Sun 15-Jun-14 08:07:23

My dd is singing happy birthday at regular Intervals after giving him a card and is refusing to hand over the key ring she made at nursery saying "it's mine" so funny!!

Sirzy Sun 15-Jun-14 08:09:01

DS is 4.5, his father isn't around but he has been singing happy birthday to his grandad all morning!

Spottybra Sun 15-Jun-14 08:11:10

Mine think there has to be a special party for daddies and children.

JonSnowsPout Sun 15-Jun-14 08:16:24

Yah
Gave the three year old a wrapped gift to hand over to dad and he is refusing.
'You give it me, it's mine!'

He opened it in a angry fury

It's star trek captain bobble heads

'Why you give me this?!'

He's gone into his room to find better gifts yo wrap for himself.

11yr old ds will be alot kinder to do when he gets up

yougotafastcar Sun 15-Jun-14 08:18:29

these made me laugh, i told ds to say happy fathers day, he did but now keeps shouting happy birthday! instead grin

Cernabbas Sun 15-Jun-14 08:20:15

DD1 (3) has been singing Happy Birthday and then insisted the card from DD2 (1) was for her little sister, not from her so ran off with it before DH could look at it.

TheBookofRuth Sun 15-Jun-14 08:23:31

DD had to have chocolate in bed because Daddy had some.

HappyMedium Sun 15-Jun-14 08:28:36

Another toddler here saying happy birthday, daddy.

LabMonkey Sun 15-Jun-14 09:32:28

DD (3) seems OK with it but as it is DH's birthday on Tuesday and we had a birthday BBQ yesterday (with some presents from friends) she might think it's just an extension of that.

Florabeebaby Sun 15-Jun-14 09:37:16

DD (3) and DS (1) painted a T-shirt yesterday and we put it to dry in a secret place. Dad came home...first this DD did was tell him what we made and where it was!!! grin

Bearfrills Sun 15-Jun-14 10:35:17

2yo DD made DH a card and then couldn't seem to stop, so he is now the proud owner of eight toddler made cards. Not a single one actually looks like anything but she kept the best one for herself, screeching "that ones MINE!!" and sobbing broken heartedly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now