Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Just found DP's secret sweetie drawer!

(23 Posts)
alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 23:51:22

I didnt ask re the dried ice-cream. I don't want him to think I was going through all his pants (I genuinely wasn't!)

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 23:50:13

ooh ooh ooh

Sicaq Fri 13-Jun-14 23:46:57

Oh, if he is in Japan you should ask for the many weird flavours of KitKat - http://kotaku.com/5983276/15-flavors-of-japanese-kit-kats-the-snacktaku-review

I have never tried them myself but better-travelled friends tell me that it's a whole other KitKat world over there.

OscarWinningActress Fri 13-Jun-14 23:31:18

Ew. The ice cream in the pants drawer is a bit concerning. Some sort of cold-fetish?

LTB.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 23:24:02

After this job (eastern Europe)he flies to Japan. no doubt all sorts of weird and wonderful sweets will find their way back. Hope so but no idea what I should request!

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 23:22:51

grin Squoosh

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 23:22:31

K mint not out of date (does it date??! isn't it self preserving?)

Preciousbane Fri 13-Jun-14 23:01:24

I found dairy milk hoarded in a washing up bowl in a cupboard I can only reach it if I stand on a chair. Apparently he was hiding it from DS.

puckingfixies Fri 13-Jun-14 22:59:26

Well, I wouldn't eat all the out of date bars and tell him I had a clear out.

And if I couldn't stop at that, I definitely wouldn't stage a break-in 'but it's ok, nothing appears to be missing.'

No, not me (feeling just a little bit queasy).

squoosh Fri 13-Jun-14 22:55:40

Poor DP, he's in for a shock when he gets home.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:54:23

there's also a new electric toothbrush in there! he will need it!

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:52:27

(this is BEFORE i read the date on b bar)!

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:52:10

I will confess that I nicked the bounty bar. serves me right. it had a white film all over it

afterthought Fri 13-Jun-14 22:51:53

You can buy Kendall mint cake at most outdoor shops - Cotswold, blacks, go outdoors etc smile

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:51:17

mmmm Kendal Mint
it would keep me awake all night, right??! pure sugar

hiddenhome Fri 13-Jun-14 22:51:10

EAT THEM grin

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:50:57

The fridge is also full of out of date bars that you can't buy in UK. It's almost like he collects them! I know he goes in the drawer, i always find Dime wrappers in odd places !

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:49:51

no, it's definitely his! He is a Dime fanatic and never shares them! I didnt know about that drawer, it's sort of hidden (it doesnt fit properly so it kind of hides under a unit /worktop) unless you are bent right down you don't see it
He does however bring me a lot of candy when he goes to USA etc.

Sounds like he doesn't go in there very often if stuff is out of date.
He won't miss just one bar.

lucysmam Fri 13-Jun-14 22:48:40

Send the drawer and contents to me...you can deny all knowledge!

FunkyBoldRibena Fri 13-Jun-14 22:48:01

Surely...if he is away then it's the sweetie stash he bought you for the duration. How sweet.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:45:30

He is 51 btw grin

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:45:14

It's his place, I haven't lived here long. He's away working abroad. I have discovered a small kitchen drawer I didn't know existed.

It has…. Mini eggs
A pack of 12 Dime bars
Lots of packs of Tic Tacs
Haribo (the sour ones.. my favourite)
Chocolate and cereal bars from all over the world (many out of date.. inc 2011 eewwww. oh and a 2009 Bounty Bar!!!!)
Five big slabs of Kendall Mint cake!!! grin (he is a yorkshire man, so the right part of the country I guess. Except we live near Milton Keynes ) grin
What do I do???! I chuffin' LOVE Kendall Mint Cake! yes I know it's a trillion calories Where would I even replace it?
How am I going to forget I found that drawer?!
He claims to not have a very sweet tooth but that he has a 'sugar binge' about once a month. hmm
Even odder is that when I moved in, I found a pack of that freeze dried 'ice cream' (that astronauts have.. can buy at Science museum) IN HIS PANT DRAWER!!! Should I be worried??! Or just go for it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now