Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Can anyone beat this for having had a shite week?

(48 Posts)
Bankwadgery Fri 13-Jun-14 22:30:56

Monday woke up with bites all over my neck that itched like crazy, did some googling and looking around and realised I have a bed bug infestation and had to book the professionals to come in and debug!

Tuesday I had the realisation that the reigniting of an old flame was a horrendously bad idea, my exdp who had spent months trying to win my confidence back and into my bed had done so only to then turn around and say he had changed his mind again!!!

Wednesday I had my last session with a cruse counsellor in which I discovered he had Parkinson's Disease, very sad and now I can't speak to or see him again.

So on the wine tonight whilst my DS is asleep, just want the week over (especially this Friday 13th) before anything else goes wrong.

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:32:35

Uggg. horrid week. Poor you. Bugs and the most annoying bug of all…. dodgy ex.
You need that wine!

alltoomuchrightnow Fri 13-Jun-14 22:33:18

(just realised I was itching my neck unconsciously after reading this!

Garcia10 Fri 13-Jun-14 22:37:35

You need perspective. Nobody died. I'm pretty certain there are many people out there who have had a far worse week than you.

Bankwadgery Fri 13-Jun-14 22:43:30

Thank you alltoomuch it helps to feel heard on here, and I do have perspective garcia it has been a shite week for me despite no one having died, don't need to be told that.

UrethraFranklin Fri 13-Jun-14 22:46:01

F**k your ex! He isn't worth your time so now you're rid of him, there's a positive wine

I'm sure plenty of people have had a much worse week than bank, it doesn't make her week suddenly feel golden hmm

Blondieminx Fri 13-Jun-14 22:48:29

Garcia10 do you think your snippy little post has helped support or comfort the OP in any way? We all need a rant occasionally...
If you don't like what an OP says close the thread and move on to another. There is no need to piss on anyone's chips!

Bank enjoy your wine. Almost the weekend, do the things you enjoy and put One of Those weeks behind you!

MrsKoala Fri 13-Jun-14 22:49:48

i can! Altho yours does sound shit.

The paediatrician has said he thinks 21mo ds may have ASD. (have to go back in 6 months to re-assess). Dh's mum has cancer and has had her kidney out on Tuesday - he has been staying with them since Friday and will be for another week and i can't be with him to support him and i know he needs me (and i am coping with DS alone). My Nana died on Monday (no DH - or anyone to have a hug from). I am learning to drive and doing 2-4hrs a day (with ds in the car) and i hate it (my test is next week). We are in the process of buying our dream house which looks as tho it may fall thru. The bank are a bunch of fucking useless incompetents and the surveyor we hired was a rude prat. We have also just found out the garden of the house is leasehold and separate to the freehold of the house - so a massive legal headache. Along with the house now needing a full damp course and the bank with holding the mortgage till it's done. DS has pushed me to my limits tonight and i am heavily pregnant and hot and can't even have a glass of wine sad

Garcia10 Fri 13-Jun-14 22:53:10

But the OP was asking if anyone could 'beat' her shite week.

Seriously, she has had a bit of itchiness, someone who she knows has been diagnosed with Parkinson's ( which depending on the prognosis can be treatable see Michael J. Fox and his amazing Foundation) and suffered some relationship trauma.

Try living in Iraq or Syria or having a close loved die.

She asked if anyone could beat her bad week. My response is, yes plenty. Feel grateful for what you have. And perspective is key.

Blondieminx Fri 13-Jun-14 22:55:03

Oh MrsK that is a lot of stress in one week sad. I hope you have got your feet up and have had some sort of treat this evening? I am sorry for your loss and I hope the Dr's can help get more support in place for your son. With the house, if it's meant to be it will all be ok..!

Garcia10 Fri 13-Jun-14 22:57:29

As evidenced, Mrs Kolala has real problems and deserves sympathy and support. Again the OP needs perspective.

Blondieminx Fri 13-Jun-14 23:00:54

It was fairly obvious that the OP was offloading.

No one is suggesting for a moment that her situation is comparable to living in a conflict zone; or the pain of losing a loved one. A bit of kindness goes a long way in this life, and your post came across as rather catsbum-mouthed... I won't derail the OP's thread any further, but I note you didn't answer my question. We're all human, we all need a bit of support sometimes!

Bankwadgery Fri 13-Jun-14 23:03:42

Oh my word Mrsk that certainly is worse than mine, it all happens at once sometimes, good luck with the driving it took me five goes to pass my test but it was worth it.
I actually have big red swollen spots all over my neck that look horrible and in this hot weather I can't cover them up. I have had close loved ones die quite recently (hence the cruse counselling) so I know much worse things happen but garcia I take it that your week has been ok so just go away and get on with being happy.

MrsKoala Fri 13-Jun-14 23:05:22

Sorry i thought this thread would be loads of people whinging and joining in - not just me making the OP feel bad blush

Fwiw op i'd consider it a shit week too if i were you. I've just had a shit one too. There isn't a monopoly on who has the worst time. We can all have bad times at the same time. (unfortunately)

givehimaninch Fri 13-Jun-14 23:07:10

garcia10 not nice

whitepuddingsupper Fri 13-Jun-14 23:08:30

I'm guessing there is a reason the OP had a cruse counsellor in the first place so she probably knows very well what a "real problem" is.

MrsKoala Fri 13-Jun-14 23:08:48

Thanks Blondie - i thought i'd treat myself to a home pedicure tonight and colour my horribly grey roots. But DS had other plans and only went to sleep, after trashing the flat, at 10pm. So no treats tonight. Just bed as i'm driving again at 9am tomo. I think i'd cry if i wasn't frightened i'd never stop.

Bankwadgery Fri 13-Jun-14 23:12:28

Happy for anyone to join in and whinge, we do indeed all have bad weeks for different reasons, if we can find some support here then it helps. Hope you sleep well Mrskoala.

usualsuspectt Fri 13-Jun-14 23:12:39

garcia10 is there any need to be so bloody mean?

Op sorry about your shit week.

Garcia10 Fri 13-Jun-14 23:15:43

Blondemix - sorry for missing your question. I don't think my post has helped comfort or support the OP. That wasn't my intention. We all have bad weeks what I do think when I have a bad time is how amazingly privileged I am to live in a free country and that all of my loved ones are well. I, as most people, have suffered considerable trauma and loss in my life and the OP's issues appear minor when taken in context.

I inevitably come across as harsh but reading the news and even this board should make a person see that the issues the OP has encountered this week do not mean that she can compete in a most 'shite' week competition.

Bankwadgery Fri 13-Jun-14 23:21:57

Ok so my post title should have been Has anyone else had a shite week?
Here was I thinking this was the Chat board so therefore I was not actually trying to start a real competition, certainly not one that included those that live in war zones!

Blondieminx Fri 13-Jun-14 23:23:54

Hmmm Garcia think it's best if we agree to disagree, I just try and be kind to my fellow MNer's, I don't feel any need to try and judge/grade anyone's heartache (particularly if they have mentioned Cruse in their OP.

MrsK got any of those "dry in 60 secs" varnishes? If so, set your timer for 10 mins, old polish off, new polish on and into bed with happy toes?

itsalottery Fri 13-Jun-14 23:28:27

Bank & mrsk, I hope next week is better for you both. In my view you have both had a rubbish week. Mine has been pretty good but I have had rubbish ones in the past so know the feeling.

Whatahoohaa Fri 13-Jun-14 23:29:45

Garcia ...It seems someone did die, that's what Cruse counsellor are for !!

Don't be mean, it's not big and its not clever

usualsuspectt Fri 13-Jun-14 23:31:29

It is obvious to anyone with half a brain and a little bit of empathy that the Op was just offloading and wanted a bit of support.

If you can't offer that, then don't bother posting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now