Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What unreasonable requests did you make today?

(47 Posts)
nailslikeknives Fri 13-Jun-14 17:20:34

I asked ds1 (3) to calm down.

Oh that'll be ask DS to open his curtains before he left.
And if we left before him, to make sure the door was locked.
Unreasonable old bat that I am hmm

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Jun-14 17:23:01

Asking DS1 to do anything. grin He's 14.

I asked him to throw his uniform down for washing. Still waiting.

Rissolesfortea Fri 13-Jun-14 17:23:28

I asked DH to pick me up a super soaker on his way home.

nailslikeknives Fri 13-Jun-14 17:23:32

Then I asked ds2 (1 1/2) to stop copying ds1.
Neither one complied!

Apologies to all who sailed in the JL cafe today! I may never darken the doors of the mothership again. The tantrums were epic blush and yet nothing I'm not used to grin

nailslikeknives Fri 13-Jun-14 17:24:57

Speedy responses! Glad to see I'm not the only one making unreasonable demands grin

Olbas Fri 13-Jun-14 17:27:00

I have a 14 year old, all I asked was how much spending money does he need for his expensive school trip

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Jun-14 17:32:02

OMG Olbas what a totally unreasonable question. Did he have a tantrum?
I asked DS1 to come to Tesco with me yesterday after school. The rage was unbelievable. hmm

Yangsun Fri 13-Jun-14 17:34:46

1yo - I requested that she let me strap her into her carseat, she would like to do it herself bit she can't. This fact apparently doesn't mean I can muscle in and do it for her!

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Jun-14 17:38:14

Carseats. Lovely memories of toddlers with arched backs, and then dropping limply into the footwell in defiance Yang. grin

sillymillyb Fri 13-Jun-14 17:39:19

I asked ds not to bite me.

I'm a cow obviously.

Olbas Fri 13-Jun-14 17:41:07

Tantrum was the understatement of the year grin ....

I ruined his life
I'm always going on ( true grin)
I'm embarrassing (as above)
Why do I need to know anyway ( well it might be of use seeing as I paid for it )
He can't wait to go and probably wont come back ( ok I'll pack extra boxer shorts)

MiniatureRailway Fri 13-Jun-14 17:41:38

Oh loads.

Not to run beside the road
To eat his lunch
Not to pee on the dog (paddling pool season seems to be a peeing free for all in the garden. Yuck!)
Not to throw sweet wrappers on the floor.

I'm very unreasonable today.

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Jun-14 17:44:48

Where's he going Olbas?

wineoclocktimeye Fri 13-Jun-14 17:45:51

I asked DS's to put their discarded school uniforms in the washing machine - rather than scattered around the floors of the house (they are 7 and 12 --old enough to know better--)

nailslikeknives Fri 13-Jun-14 17:48:30

OMG, like, you are all soooo unreasonable gringrin

nailslikeknives Fri 13-Jun-14 17:49:45

Sniggering at 'dropping limply into the footwell' - that is my life!

Olbas Fri 13-Jun-14 17:50:50

Berlin Sparkling

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Jun-14 17:52:11

grin nails I used to get DS1 into the seat and before I could get the straps on he would do the slither.
It's funny now 14 years on. Just.

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Jun-14 17:52:47

OOh DS1 is going there next year Olbas. Bargain at £600. hmm

Bicciemoosh Fri 13-Jun-14 17:57:10

Told ds1 that since he doesn't want fruit he can't be that hungry (he was after a chocolate muffin) and can wait until after dinner. That was actually totally unfair and he just doesn't understand why that makes ANY SENSE.

Asking ds2 to walk nicely and stop shuffling and grabbing my legs was also very unreasonable, because he was hot and tired and wanted to go home. So did I, which is why I wanted him to hurry up!

restandpeace Fri 13-Jun-14 18:02:09

I took too long at school pick up and at 3.45 it was getting dark according to dd2 (9) she wanted to
Play out.

I removed ds1 nappy as it was water loggec from paddling pool(18 minths)

nailslikeknives Fri 13-Jun-14 18:03:38

grin Sparkling

StillaChocoholic Fri 13-Jun-14 18:16:38

I told DS to stop playing with the bag of rubbish from the bathroom. Cue meltdown. He's 14 months.

I also took a little sweeping brush of him because I wanted him to have a nap. Nope another meltdown instead, he had a nap with the brush.

starfishmummy Fri 13-Jun-14 18:19:16

Asked DS to keep still and lie down with his leg on a pile of cushions. He has a swollen knee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now