Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Does water from plastic beakers taste strange?

(18 Posts)
ShineSmile Fri 13-Jun-14 17:15:21

Or is it just my DD's plastic beakers?

Olbas Fri 13-Jun-14 17:18:27

Are they fairly old, I think after a while they do make drinks taste weird.

AppleSnow Fri 13-Jun-14 17:20:04

Lakeland do a drinks bottle that has glass inside a plastic sleeve so the water tastes fine. I think water in plastic does taint especially if the weather's warm.

phantomnamechanger Fri 13-Jun-14 17:20:39

sometimes, especially if they have been put away damp, or have picked up a slight taste of something

you could try washing them in some sterilising solution

CaulkheadUpNorth Fri 13-Jun-14 17:21:47

Yes. I began refusing plastic cups when I was about ten and never returned.

petalunicorn Fri 13-Jun-14 17:22:59

I think they do if you use them for squash and water. We have water only and squash only beakers in this house.

mrsleomcgary Fri 13-Jun-14 17:23:45

Yes,to me they seem to taste slightly soapy even if they've been rinsed well and always seem to smell like damp tea towel

MysweetAudrina Fri 13-Jun-14 17:24:37

Only if your dh dunks his penis in it after sex grin

ShineSmile Fri 13-Jun-14 18:23:09

Apple, do Lakeland do one for kids?

I think Im going to buy a thermos stainless steel one. Water from the plastic one tastes not nice at all, and I've tried quite a few of them.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 13-Jun-14 18:30:06

I hate water from plastic beakers.
I do drink water from plastic bottles with a sports cap as it is handy but don't reuse too often.
I bought Systema BPA free bottles but can't use them as they make the water taste so plasticky.

ShineSmile Fri 13-Jun-14 18:43:43

It's the tommi tipee beakers that are tasting strange ...

Yes. I refuse to drink from a plastic cup. No matter how many times it is cleaned it tastes of dirt.

HecatePropylaea Fri 13-Jun-14 18:45:27

Ime they do give water a horrible taste.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Fri 13-Jun-14 18:49:21

Are you sterilising them?

I could always smell the solution

HavantGuard Fri 13-Jun-14 18:54:56

I use these instead. You can get them in a larger size too.

ouryve Fri 13-Jun-14 18:57:00

Yes. I have some acrylic tumblers and they have a definite taste and smell to them, even though they're fairly new but not brand new.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Fri 13-Jun-14 19:21:45

They used to serve drinks in plastic pint/half-pint glasses in a local nightclub I used to attend.

Drinks tasted foul.

Always ordered drinks in glass bottles. Luckily these were the days when Bicardi Breezers <BOAK> were fashionable.

Greenrememberedhills Fri 13-Jun-14 21:59:54

Yes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now