Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

TESCO HAVE DISCONTINUED MY FAVOURITE CRISPS, THE BASTARDS.

(274 Posts)
PotsofGold Mon 09-Jun-14 01:09:31

Cumberland sausage and wholegrain English mustard crisps - Little pieces of heaven THAT I CAN NEVER HAVE AGAIN!

Why have they done this? They have kept all the crappy flavours and done away with the best one! THOSE BASTARDS!

Now I am going to have to eat inferior flavours and my evenings in front of the telly with a bowl of crisps just won't be the same anymore AND ITS ALL TESCO'S FAULT!

<sulk>

sad sad sad

SoonToBeSix Mon 09-Jun-14 01:13:32

Kellogg's did the same to me with chocolate cornflakes, it's been over ten years and I still cannot forgive.

PotsofGold Mon 09-Jun-14 01:16:40

I am going to write to my MP about this. angry

CorusKate Mon 09-Jun-14 01:24:01

Tesco did that to me with their own brand ready salted chipsticks. The cunts.

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 09-Jun-14 01:51:25

When Sainsburys stopped making quinoa burgers I was gutted not only were they bloody lovely (really!) but they were so low in fat/cals sad I'm wary of liking something too much especially from sains I won't trust them not to do it again <bitter>

Darkesteyes Mon 09-Jun-14 02:07:51

Circa 1987 Tesco did curry flavour crisps in a big bag. I was one pissed off teenager when they discontinued those.

plentyofshoes Mon 09-Jun-14 04:37:03

Tesco did a spinach and mushroom burger in the mid 90s which I loved while at uni.
Nothing compares.

upthedamnwotsit Mon 09-Jun-14 07:41:57

Domino's have stopped doing their mozzarella sticks and I still check periodically to see if they've come back. Grr.

springlamb Mon 09-Jun-14 07:44:05

Clearly approaching from a different angle, but they are also no longer offering their cholesterol reducing bio yoghurt either. My nod to healthy eating.

notapizzaeater Mon 09-Jun-14 07:45:12

Boots shaper mandarin still water, I wrote and complained - must be 15 years ago now ..... Still remember

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 09-Jun-14 07:48:10

You can get sausage and mustard flavoured crisps made by Tyrell

god deed of the day

fledtoscotland Mon 09-Jun-14 07:48:59

I can't find the fresh pizza dough anywhere. Used to get sheets of it in all our local shops that you just spread on a baking tray and covered with your toppings. Apparently it's "off the pad" so can't be ordered

Rideronthestorm Mon 09-Jun-14 07:49:32

Be strong and complain. I went into meltdown when Rimmel discontinued Black Cherry lipstick but reason prevailed and they brought it back.

Kveta Mon 09-Jun-14 07:52:14

They stopped making my apple and blackcurrant no added sugar high juice too, the arses. I complained, loudly, and frequently, but they refused to stock it just for me sad

I have since weaned myself over to the sainsburys no added sugar double strength apple and blackcurrant squash, and am surviving, but it was a difficult few months at the time.

Cocolepew Mon 09-Jun-14 07:54:31

DH used to like some sort of fruit and cream thingy, think it was a type of Fool confused. They were discontinued about 15 years ago and he still asks if I have found them in the shops like I'm still looking

Standinginline Mon 09-Jun-14 07:59:35

Nik naks have stopped doing their cream and cheesy flavor crisps sad

BelleateSebastian Mon 09-Jun-14 08:00:44

MacDonalds mild mustard dip - BASTARDS!
Clinique did a mineral face powder that you ground freshly in the pot each morning, lasted for aaages! went to buy some last week, 'don't sell it anymore' FUCKERS angry

nannyj Mon 09-Jun-14 08:02:07

Asda make ready rolled fresh pizza dough although may be frozen and chocolate corn flakes.

ThursdayLast Mon 09-Jun-14 08:03:15

Gobbolino in right! and the Tyrells ones are delicious too

I'm still pissed off at Tesco for discontinuing their breakfast juice. Having to remember to buy orange AND grapefruit juice really grinds my gears.

ThursdayLast Mon 09-Jun-14 08:04:49

I also haven't forgiven M&S for stopping that amazing bacon, Brie and tomato salsa bagel they did at some point during the 90s.

Runningforfun Mon 09-Jun-14 08:07:10

Tesco stopped doing their own brand Sterilizing solution for babies bottles. It was brilliant at getting stubborn marks off shirts and other White clothing and was a brilliant cleaning solution. Branded sterilisers don't somehow do the same thing and cost 3x as much.

Not being able to get a bottle has broken my £100+ per week Tesco shopping habit. I found Lidl. Still not found a replacement though.

SuburbanRhonda Mon 09-Jun-14 08:08:33

coc, I think your DH sounds like a type of Fool grin

SistersOfPercy Mon 09-Jun-14 08:10:27

They discontinued my soup too. They made it under a brand called 'New York Soup Co" but it was Tesco. They took away my pulled pork and bean soup and I will NEVER forgive them.
Twats.

partialderivative Mon 09-Jun-14 08:10:41

Tesco did a lovely French onion soup... no more

MiaowTheCat Mon 09-Jun-14 08:19:06

Lush discontinued my fave bubble bath bar - I still bear a grudge now years later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now