Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

I need to do something!

(25 Posts)
TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 07-Jun-14 19:28:54

I physically can't sit still! Even now I'm moving my feet and my joints kind of feel all weird like I need to be moving. I've jogged around the block four times then walked around it again, no help- it isn't the right sort of something or whatever. I've tried reading but I physically can't concentrate- the same for making lunch for tomorrow to freeze. I can't settle enough to read and keep needing to move around and don't take a single thing in. It isn't doing something exactly, it's doing something which I can't not concentrate on- something exciting or whatever. Aargh. Any ideas for something to do/ something to help me concentrate?

McPhee Sat 07-Jun-14 19:31:36

You've totally lost me grin

EasterSundaySimmons Sat 07-Jun-14 19:31:56

Yoga

Twitterqueen Sat 07-Jun-14 19:32:39

Have you taken drugs?

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 07-Jun-14 19:33:56

Nothing which hasn't been prescribed hmm think it's a side effect, tbh.

EasterSundaySimmons Sat 07-Jun-14 19:36:29

Have a go with this

youtube.com/watch?v=Jyy0ra2WcQQ

AwkwardSquad Sat 07-Jun-14 20:11:49

Try baking a cake. You sound agitated - baking helps me when I get like that.

It doesn't have to be fancy. Something simple like fairy cakes or a Victoria sponge.

AwkwardSquad Sat 07-Jun-14 20:12:38

Or I deep clean the house, but baking is nicer!

Joules68 Sat 07-Jun-14 20:18:19

Bath or shower .... Is it restless legs?

EasterSundaySimmons Sat 07-Jun-14 20:22:32

Since I've been a night shift worker I get restless legs.

If you can, get outside and go for a short walk. Just fifteen minutes in one direction and then back home so that you're only out for half an hour.

The fresh air is good and the exercise releases muscle spasms etc and well, you just feel a lot better for it!

CorusKate Sat 07-Jun-14 20:23:38

Is it akathisia? I've found only getting completely exhausted helps.

TheCunkOfPhilomena Sat 07-Jun-14 20:23:50

What medication are you taking? I've had experience with uncontrollable muscle spasms being a side effect and it's really unpleasant.

AElfgifu Sat 07-Jun-14 20:25:27

Is it to do with thunder storms?

CorusKate Sat 07-Jun-14 20:25:49

Oh, and Valium.

BeCool Sat 07-Jun-14 20:28:22

Would an orgasm help?wink

SpottieDottie Sat 07-Jun-14 20:35:20

swimming?

onestepbeyond Sat 07-Jun-14 20:41:14

I get like that if I have too much caffeine or if my anxiety is bad. Breathing exercises help me.

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 07-Jun-14 21:06:16

I'm on fluoxetine, got depression, so not usually like this for a while. Restless legs and arms. Tried to do some breathing exercises and they kind of made me less restless- could control it a lot more! No caffeine and the day is absolutely beautiful here, blue skies and not a thunderstorm nearby!

AwkwardSquad Sat 07-Jun-14 21:20:20

Ok, me too with Citalopram. I clean in short bursts to use the restlessness productively then bake to calm down. Walking also good but I find it better to have an objective for the walk even if it's just to walk to the further-away coop to buy a packet of crisps. In fact, a simple objective is best then it's not overwhelming.

defineme Sat 07-Jun-14 21:23:05

I used to clean, cook and have sex.

TheCunkOfPhilomena Sat 07-Jun-14 21:32:10

You haven't upped the dose recently or anything then?

It could well be generalised anxiety, it's horrid and you have my sympathy! Could you try and eat a banana (good for restless arms and legs) and go for another walk? Your body needs to burn off the extra adrenaline it's creating.

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 07-Jun-14 21:33:58

Nope, dose has been the same for 2mnths. DH is not currently available for sex grin but will try eating a banana and doing more exercise.

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 07-Jun-14 21:37:14

Have eaten banana <exciting> grin and will nip out for some milk, I think. Thanks.

deakymom Sat 07-Jun-14 22:40:13

ibuprofen works no idea why dont overtire yourself you will get worse

cherry219 Sat 07-Jun-14 22:47:27

Brazil nuts and dark chocolate are good. Also taking off any synthetic fabrics. Do you have a relaxation CD or anything you can listen to?

I found that lying flat on my back and holding my arms up in the air helped a little, and watching something REALLY good on telly.

It's a fucker though, I never experienced it until I was pregnant, and it ruined my last trimester. Hope you can find something that works.

Oh, and drink bitter lemon. I developed quite a taste for it ;). It's the quinine, apparently, that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now