Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

HAY FEVER-who else is suffering?

(24 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 12:24:19

Every year I forget how miserable hay fever is then it knocks me for sixsad

We were up until gone midnight with ds who sneezed so much I thought he was going to lose his brains through his nose! I stopped counting at 20 sneezesshock

Massive dose of Piriton ,a hot flannel,a shower, his inhaler, Vaseline up his nose and eventually he dropped offsad

This morning I'm dosed up too as my throat is driving me bat shit crazy.

I'm currently looking at air filters for his room, anyone use one? Any other suggestions I've missed ?

brew for fellow sufferers and NOthanks wink

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 12:46:31

Urgh,I feel all spacey from Benadryl, normally I'm ok with it but feel crap now ffssad angry

`i don't have HF, and this is probably not possible for your son but for any adult sufferers out there, my DH used to get HF really badly and now in about May he goes to the GP, gets one single steroid injection and is symptom free the whole summer. No side effects - he is absolutely evangelical about it!

Maybe something to consider for anyone who gets it bad

YoureAllABunchOfBastards Sat 07-Jun-14 13:04:53

I am struggling - has hit really badly this week. Urgh.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:10:57

I think its quite hard to very steroid shots now from what I've read, its hard enough getting epi pens from ours. Glad it works for your Dh!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:11:14

Get not very

sideshowbob2 Sat 07-Jun-14 13:14:57

yes i'm struggling with really itchy eyes despite taking nose spray, eye drops and anti-histimes, but i do try and start taking all hayfever medication at least a month before, so in march before symptoms arrive in april, i think you should go back to the gp to check whether he needs different medication

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:15:07

I've just looked up side effects,I wouldn't be suitable for the injection.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:15:47

You're all-it's come out of no where this week, hasn't it?sad

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:17:25

Side, we're at the gp every year for hay fever. I think this year we need to investigate nasal sprays rather than anti histamine tablets.

Coumarin Sat 07-Jun-14 13:24:59

<Waves hand miserably.>

I can handle the sneezing and runny nose, it's that horrible clogged, sore feeling at the back of the throat that gets me. I don't think I even get it that bad so sympathies to you and your DS.

I never used to get hay fever. Wonder why it comes on when you're an adult?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:30:37

<waves back> hello yousmile

I've always had it. Just read that green tea its good for it, I'm off to boil the kettle!

5madthings Sat 07-Jun-14 13:32:53

Yep fine has been aawful this week and my eczema as well. The itching inside my mouth has been ddriving me insane and sneezing and itchy eyes etc. It's awful and I have doubled up my anti histamine to no affect sad

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 13:52:33

Hello 5 madsmile

Urgh, eczema as well? You poor love!

onetiredmummy Sat 07-Jun-14 14:13:44

I used to have it terribly until I was pregnant with DS1 then it vanished & has not been seen for 8 glorious years.

Until yesterday when it came back full fecking force & I have no medication!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 14:14:32

I'm drinking green tea, it's nice. I've sent Dh down to tesco to very some Semitral nasal spray.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-Jun-14 14:16:53

Sterimar I mean!

One-you poor thing, what an unpleasant shock to get it back after so longshock

Coumarin Sat 07-Jun-14 22:23:20

Drinking green tea now too, thanks for the tip smile

Although the anti histamine did the trick earlier. Hope the spray does the trick.

I do wonder why it comes and goes. I didn't have it at all last year. Weird.

Mine's awful this week too. Piriton just isn't touching it.

LucilleBluth Sat 07-Jun-14 22:25:53

It has hit late this year....this week has been hell.

MorvahRising Sat 07-Jun-14 22:42:11

Agree, it's been dreadful this week. Will add green tea to the shopping list.

I bought the piriton nasal spray on my Dad's recommendation. An hour post use I can only assume I've sneezed most of it out again. angry

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 08-Jun-14 23:20:08

I really recommend the sterimar spray, it flushes out the pollen. Both ds and I seem to get on ok with it.

ArtisanBaps Sun 08-Jun-14 23:23:15

It seems to be giving me a sore throat this year, normally I have just sneezing. Antihistamines don't seem to touch the throat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now