Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

One for the vapers out there....

(7 Posts)
RizzleBizzle Sat 07-Jun-14 10:32:20

My DH has stopped smoking cigs (yay!) but is now hooked on e cigs (nicolites) as he is spending a lot on disposable ones I suggested getting a rechargeable one so he was looking them up online and came across stories saying they are known to explode whilst on charge!
Is this a well known problem? Any tips or advice from any vape experts would be appreciated

onlyonfridays Sat 07-Jun-14 10:58:52

I have one and love it! With the exploding thing, anything with a rechargeable battery has a risk of exploding, including phones, laptops etc. Though I would never leave the house with one charging, or leave it overnight. I have a spare battery so can always have 1 charging whilst using my e cig, as I found the hardest part was when the battery died and I was desperate for a puff! There are so many different flavours of 'juice' as well, though I found the cheap ones to be nasty. Hth smile

RizzleBizzle Sat 07-Jun-14 16:24:21

Thank you that does help, I passed that on to DH smile

IAmNotAMindReader Sat 07-Jun-14 16:35:24

One word of advice with regards flavours. If you find an outlet with loads of one or two flavours, particularly if those same flavours have differing packaging, steer clear. Chose something, anything else because they will be the flavours which taste like toe jam and bum sweat. Yes I'm talking about you chocolate and pina colada.

ginmakesitallok Sat 07-Jun-14 16:38:12

Pop over to the stopping smoking thread, lots of good advice and recommendations on there.

Well done to your DH, Rizzle! We've got a good thread in the stop smoking section here on battery safety.

RizzleBizzle Sat 07-Jun-14 18:34:11

Brilliant thanks, I'm heading over now to have a gander....,
I'm so pleased he has stopped as we now have a little daughter and if you ever need a kick up the bum to stop it's doing it for your child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now