Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Tiny flat taken off the market by Islington council

(13 Posts)
ariadneoliver Fri 06-Jun-14 11:16:10

www.standard.co.uk/news/london/tiny-flat-taken-off-the-market-by-islington-council-9497765.html

A mere £750 of your English pounds a month
Property crash. What property crash?

mousmous Fri 06-Jun-14 11:22:28

I hope the landlord gets a hefty fine.

have the council looked at the other 'flats' as well? the article said they were student bedrooms before converting into self contained units.

FanjoForTheMammaries Fri 06-Jun-14 11:25:09

It's like a prison cell

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 11:27:39

That's appalling! Makes me angry!

mousmous Fri 06-Jun-14 11:27:57

my sister had a place like that in student accomodation.
it was bigger, though, with large bathroom, balcony, space for a desk etc.
and of course very cheap, just a couple of hundred per month including all bills.

PoirotsMoustache Fri 06-Jun-14 11:41:13

Bloody hell! My 2-bed terraced house costs less than that to rent per month.

Disgusting.

ariadneoliver Fri 06-Jun-14 11:44:34

It makes a prison cell look spacious and accommodating.

StarGazeyPond Fri 06-Jun-14 11:48:02

Greedy landlords have caused a massive problem all over the country. BTL should be banned forthwith - people should not make a vast profit at the expense of others for things like basic housing.

Loopylouu Fri 06-Jun-14 12:03:32

I hate renting in London.

Our flat is technically a one bed, but because you can squeeze a sofa and a tv into the tiny space off the kitchen, it's let as a two bed. We're paying £1400 pm to live in a shoebox (it the down stairs of a small three bed Victorian terrace so teeny anyway).

NotCitrus Fri 06-Jun-14 12:40:17

That landlord is infamous for owning half of Caledonian Road and renting out dodgy properties and ignoring planning reqs as the council don't have nearly enough time to prosecute all the dodgy landlords in the area, and any fines are tiny when he goes to court.
As long as there are hundreds of worse landlords in the borough for the council to prioritize, he'll get away with it.

squoosh Fri 06-Jun-14 12:42:53

Landlords like that make me sick.

CakeyCakeyCakey Fri 06-Jun-14 13:00:09

Bloody hell! I rent a nice 3bed terrace with a massive kitchen and a lovely garden and that's only £475!
That's ridiculous! That whole flat would fit in my spare room.

CakeyCakeyCakey Fri 06-Jun-14 13:00:22

Almost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now