Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I wish people wouldn't swear in thread titles.

(40 Posts)
shakethetree Fri 06-Jun-14 09:50:06

I'm not anti-swearing, but there is a time & a place.
I find it annoying when people swear willy nilly or just for the sake of it.

BlameItOnTheMoonlight Fri 06-Jun-14 09:51:13

fuck that

ODFOD

ouryve Fri 06-Jun-14 09:51:25

Too fucking right.

wineoclocktimeye Fri 06-Jun-14 09:52:59

I have a feeling this will not go well

Fcukfifa Fri 06-Jun-14 09:53:25

grin

onetiredmummy Fri 06-Jun-14 09:54:12

Yes but the point of swearing is to to emphasize your emotions or to convey something more strongly than normal.

If its so important that you start a thread about it then its also the situation where people would feel swear words are justified.

Whenever you see such a word, just cover it over in your mind with a pink pom pom smile

Popcorn anyone?

FatalCabbage Fri 06-Jun-14 09:54:49

A sweary title alerts you to a sweary OP and a sweary thread, so if you really don't like it you can scroll past.

And sometimes MN really is the time and place for venom-spitting, teeth-grinding swearing.

I know.
Fucking illiterate twats!

tilliebob Fri 06-Jun-14 09:55:31

Your time and place is different from others time and place. You realise you'll just get a whole thread full of swearing now, eh?

I love a good swear, several people are still alive due to my ability to swear like trooper and get my frustration out that way wink.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 09:56:07

You said willy <giggles>

LittleMisslikestobebythesea Fri 06-Jun-14 09:56:16

There is a non swearing alternative site, sounds like mumsnet but the other way round HTH!

EasterSundaySimmons Fri 06-Jun-14 09:57:41

You are entitled to have an opinion but you can't dictate to other people.

I can't stand reading the word 'naice' ro 'norks' and I don't like the abbreviations, but they are my a own personal dislikes and I support freedom of speech.

I understand that sweating may cause offence but you can choose not to participate on those threads and live by your own standards and not type swear words.

Sorry you feel upset by these words but this is chat board and people will communicate as they see fit.

elQuintoConyo Fri 06-Jun-14 09:58:31

They're just words.

I get frothy at bad grammar and spelling in a thread title, but I keep it to myself and certainly don't start a thread about it; people would think I was joyless and had too much time on my hands....

Oh, bollocks grin

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks
----------- 2 mins 23 secs since I last swore---bike
thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

Cornettoninja Fri 06-Jun-14 10:01:46

I think you have to view MN as a pub - not one that does food, a proper one.

Your going to hear/read swearing because it's a place for adults and quite a lot of them enjoy a good potty mouthed session. Me included.

Gosh darn it never has quite the same panache for me.

Is there an app like that one for the daily mail that inserts pictures of kittens over the horrible pics that a would block the swears for you?

Cornettoninja Fri 06-Jun-14 10:02:48

*you're

(For the pedants grin)

shakethetree Fri 06-Jun-14 10:06:25

I don't think I need an app to put kittens over swear words, I'm not that sensitive, & I don't mind a bit of swearing if it's really needed. I suppose it's just so in your face if it's in a thread title - but judging from the responses I'm being over sensitive & unreasonable. So I'll accept that.

< fuckers > hehe

EasterSundaySimmons Fri 06-Jun-14 10:07:08

I had a little parrot all he did was curse
as he was getting older the swearing it got worse

I covered up his cage but this it made him mad
the swearing it got louder the language really bad

So I tied his beak up to put it to an end
rude gestures with his feet he began to send

Then I tied his feet up he fell down to the floor
the parrot he is dead now no swearing anymore

onetiredmummy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:07:49

Perhaps we can say 'poot' or 'darn' or 'sugar'. grin

<helpful>

Pasithea Fri 06-Jun-14 10:09:10

I absolutely cannot abide the C word. In any context . It is the lowest of the low.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 10:09:38

I don't mind a bit of swearing if it's really needed

grin

I'd love to hear your rules in when it is needed and when it isnt?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Fri 06-Jun-14 10:10:45

'Hehe' offends me far more than swearing. There's a time and a place for 'hehe' and MN is neither.

BuzzardBird Fri 06-Jun-14 10:10:49

When I am PM there will be no bad language...but that's never going to happen is it? Shit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now