Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

We're having crispy pancakes for tea...

(24 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 06-Jun-14 09:44:35

am I going to be disappointed or will they be exactly like I remember them being when I was a child?

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 09:52:26

Flavour? And I hope you are having chips and beans with them , not had them in years have had them as a grown up they were tasty I only eat the chicken abd bacon one

lucysmam Fri 06-Jun-14 09:54:01

Chicken, bacon & sweetcorn. Yes to the chips & beans grin I ordered them on a whim, just hope I'm not disappointed!

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 09:58:07

The filling has got less and I think the salt has been reduced I was a bit dissapointed but enjoyed them its only me who liked them anyway.

BuzzardBird Fri 06-Jun-14 09:58:58

Get the ranitidine in for later wink

lucysmam Fri 06-Jun-14 09:59:52

grin Buzzard! Stuff like that doesn't bother me...brown sauce does though

listsandbudgets Fri 06-Jun-14 10:01:59

Oh I haven't had these for years. I want them now but Friday night is nearly always pasta night here. They used to do a lovely 3 cheese one I think just right with chips and beans

Standinginline Fri 06-Jun-14 10:08:24

Omg I'd forgotten all about these ,used to have them as a kid. Do you think Asda will have them ?

EverythingCounts Fri 06-Jun-14 10:14:38

They seem very small these days, but I still like them. Don't actually buy them often though. I thought they still did the cheese ones? They're best.

Bornintheusa Fri 06-Jun-14 10:14:39

I'm sure farmfoods and Iceland would stock them?

Clutterbugsmum Fri 06-Jun-14 10:19:30

You can get them in Asda as well.

DeMaz Fri 06-Jun-14 10:30:16

Oh I love a crispy pancake every now and again but they're really not like they used to be. The chicken, bacon and sweet corn filling used to be just Chicken and Bacon and in my opinion, soooo much better. There was a lot more feeling and the pancake was just 'chunkier'.....

Ok, now I'm dribbling.....

JockTamsonsBairns Fri 06-Jun-14 10:33:06

You can get them in Iceland. I popped in yesterday for the first time in years, and picked up a box of the cheese ones. Really looking forward to having them tonight, with chips and beans!

squoosh Fri 06-Jun-14 10:35:36

The filling reminds me of mucus.

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:37:18

Mm mucus grin

CitronVert Fri 06-Jun-14 10:37:41

I used to love crispy pancakes. I don't think I could have them again for fear of being disappointed. That happened with boil in the bag cod in butter sauce. I used to love it but got some a couple of years ago and they were so tasteless and I don't remember the cod being so small, grey and square.

Bugger it, just got back from the shops. I'm going to have to go out again now...

squoosh Fri 06-Jun-14 10:41:20

'boil in the bag cod in butter sauce'

Holy God, what hell is this? Sounds vile!

lucysmam Fri 06-Jun-14 10:41:57

hmm cheers squoosh! I bloody hope I don't remember that comment at tea time grin

I can't remember who asked about Asda but that's where I ordered them from smile

lucysmam Fri 06-Jun-14 10:43:06

Citron I used to like 'fish in a bag' as well! I'll not bother now tho if it's no good anymore sad

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 10:44:24

Boil in the bag is just sauce now I had a sad face all night the last time ihad that sqoosh its only going to get worse its going to move on to bernatd mathews mini kievs soon save yourself and leave the thread

Chopsypie Fri 06-Jun-14 10:46:34

My favourite was always golden drummers. Not quite the same now but I do get them occasionally. Can only be served with chips and spaghetti hoops though.

I use to like the mince crispy pancakes, but they smell like dog food now

They're awful now. I used to love them back in the 80s, bought some last year, took one bite and binned them, flavourless, yucky texture (both pancake and filling). That was the chicken and bacon ones.

lucysmam Fri 06-Jun-14 10:48:34

hmmm, mini kievs (with salad here) yummy!

I think next week's shopping is going to feature most of this thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now