Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

You know when you have words with your teenager and out comes the phone...

(12 Posts)
toadflax Thu 05-Jun-14 22:25:19

...and you just know the incident is being posted on twitter/tumbler/fml?

mawbroon Thu 05-Jun-14 22:36:13

and mumsnet wink

HildaOgden Thu 05-Jun-14 22:38:59

grin@ mawbroon

SirChenjin Thu 05-Jun-14 22:40:45

Then you say "put the phone away until I have finished talking to you"

Poetnojo Thu 05-Jun-14 22:43:23

Hahaha

RhondaJean Thu 05-Jun-14 22:46:22

Wow no I don't, how totally disrespectful, why would you put up with that?

toadflax Thu 05-Jun-14 23:14:32

:-) Mawbroon
I don't know, it just happens. Well, I assume it happens. Maybe I am paranoid...

RhondaJean Fri 06-Jun-14 00:07:10

Who pays for this phone? And the Internet connection that goes with it?

Sorry, I know I'm being a bit shock and you were trying to be lighthearted, but I do have a 14 yo and if she EVER posted me online without permission or in a mocking way, it would be the last time she used any Internet connection I was paying for.

Shockingly bad manners.

toadflax Fri 06-Jun-14 09:31:25

RhondaJean, I admire your style :-)
I think I lack confidence in myself hmm

dawndonnaagain Fri 06-Jun-14 09:38:06

Sorry toad, I'd be inclined to agree with Rhonda. Mine youngest are 17 now and if anything concerning family is going on facebook, they always ask first.

Mrsjayy Fri 06-Jun-14 09:42:56

I use an email address that dd used to register for twitter im only on it once in a while to read a thing ANyway I was on and had a nosey I know I know bur dd had a tweet favoured god my dad is such an arse he never shuts up grin so thats what they are saying

SirChenjin Fri 06-Jun-14 14:27:20

Time to take back control OP. Set some ground rules and consequences, and stick to them. Come on - you're not their mate, you're their parent!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now