Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

How do I tell DH I don't like his beard?

(17 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Wed 04-Jun-14 13:39:04

About 6 months ago DH decided to grow a beard. It does suit him but I HATE kissing him with it. I don't like the feel of it at all.

We've had a few problems recently & haven't had much intimacy but I feel this is putting me off even more.

He's asked me before if I like the beard and I've always been fairly non-committal about it; but I'm liking it less & less.

Also, he's always grooming & fiddling with it which I find really (irrationally) irritating.

How can I tell him? Or should I just keep quiet & put up with it?

Angelto5 Wed 04-Jun-14 13:40:27

Get him a razor gift set for Father's Day.
Maybe that will get the message across???

MrsWinnibago Wed 04-Jun-14 13:41:35

I just told mine! Why can't you just say "I hate that beard." that's what I did. It can't be compared to a haircut as it's his face...where you kiss!

FleurdeHeadLys Wed 04-Jun-14 13:41:41

"DH, I dislike your beard. It tickles me. What do you think about shaving it off again?"

Or is this a small thing to represent the big things?

EasterSundaySimmons Wed 04-Jun-14 13:42:56

There is a reason that beard rhymes with weird.

I'm not keen on beards. A bit of designer stubble is ok at times but I don't like beards, they just don't seem hygienic to me, but that's just my OCD talking.

Stick a few sticking plasters on your face and act stoic. He might get the hint.

Or grow your leg hair and when he recoils from caressing your legs, smile knowingly. ;)

tedmundo Wed 04-Jun-14 13:43:13

My dad has a beard.

I could never, ever kiss DH if he had a beard.

Chattymummyhere Wed 04-Jun-14 13:43:39

I just tell mine his face is stabbing me, he then goes and shaves..

Or not a chance I don't want stuble rash from you

Pinkelephanty Wed 04-Jun-14 13:46:54

My dh knows I hate beards and was warned/begged never to grow one years ago. Just tell him and hope he gets rid!

Mandy2003 Wed 04-Jun-14 13:52:23

The Toyboy has had a beard for as long as I've known him. It used to be a Russell Brand but now its an Osama Bin Laden!

We were having a rather deep snog recently and it was like being eaten by a triffid grin

zipzap Wed 04-Jun-14 13:59:40

DH has only once tried to grow a beard. Even beforehand I warned him that it was a great way to stop kisses and that I hated beards. He got the beard, got the photo, proved to himself that he was man enough to do it and then shaved it off grin

Next time he kisses you, make sure you tell him that it's scratching / tickling /hurting you. And then repeat every time thereafter. Ask if there's a softening lotion or see if conditioner would help - so it looks like you're being supportive of him, and even say it looks alright you suppose - but that you just don't like kissing him with a beard and that the more you look at it, the more you don't want to kiss it as it feels you're kissing the beard rather than dh...

good luck!

Smilesandpiles Wed 04-Jun-14 14:22:21

Tell him you are goin to grow out the hair on your upper lip, to match him. You can have a competition...looser gets the takeaway in.

Smilesandpiles Wed 04-Jun-14 14:22:33

(missing G)

EasterSundaySimmons Wed 04-Jun-14 14:30:31

In the throes of love making, call out his name.

Chewbacca.

gamerchick Wed 04-Jun-14 14:37:49

Why can't you just tell him? When the husband doesn't shave for a few days I ask him if he's ever going to shave that stuff growing out of his face. Usually works.

I can't be doing kissing a hairy dude.

meditrina Wed 04-Jun-14 14:38:30

grin at Chewbacca!

(but careful, he might like it!)

At the end of the day it's his face and his fuzz. If he really, really wants to be bearded, it's his choice. But I see nothing wrong in altering minor details of appearance to please your partner. Is there likely to be any mileage in pointing out that it's better off for the summer? And then make sure you compliment the fuzz-free version, so he doesn't get an annual winter tradition?

Just telll him, say it suits him but youve gone off it. My dh has a beard I love it he puts coconut oil in it and its so soft and smells great its also six months of growth. But if I was to tell him I prefered him without it im sure he would shave it off. Honesty is better than tactics in relationships.

ShirazSavedMySanity Wed 04-Jun-14 14:46:48

DH I don't liken your beard

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now