Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

It's only 9.20 and I'm already WINNING

(34 Posts)
PseudoBadger Wed 04-Jun-14 09:23:36

Just opened a new packet of 10 one cup coffee filters. The packaging says that it contains 10 filters and one reusable lid. Well, there were 2 lids stuck together. Ha! In your face Rombouts coffee multinational corporation grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 04-Jun-14 09:24:16

Hahah one nil against The Man!!

Power to the people!

PseudoBadger Wed 04-Jun-14 09:25:08

Oh shit. Just went to check progress of said coffee filter, and I've accidentally used 2 filters at once. That's going to be a strong cup of coffee. And I've wasted a filter.
Karma is restored sad

WaitMonkey Wed 04-Jun-14 09:35:30

grin

PseudoBadger Wed 04-Jun-14 09:39:11

It was pretty strong. The spoon was almost standing up.

DizzyKipper Wed 04-Jun-14 09:41:26

Oh well, at least you got your moment in the sun wink

I've been having the opposite morning, it's now 9.40 and I feel like the day is already lost.

PseudoBadger Wed 04-Jun-14 09:46:30

I can send you my extra lid if you like?

DizzyKipper Wed 04-Jun-14 09:48:54

Perfect, I'll hang it on my wall as a good luck charm.

scattercushion Wed 04-Jun-14 09:59:15

Someone somewhere has no lid. As Gore vidal said: It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail.

LangenFlugelHappleHoff Wed 04-Jun-14 10:02:19

Sorry to burst your bubble but with the double yolker I had for breakfast... I WIN!

I might buy a kitkat later in the hope of a full coccy finger but I'm scared I might be pushing my luck grin

PseudoBadger Wed 04-Jun-14 10:22:16

A double yolk! Never have I seen such things. Does it mean there's less white though?
Scatter you've made me a bit sad there sad
But I have lost really, see earlier post about the fecking filters, and also dd woke up before I'd managed to get my arse in the shower sad

But you had your perfect moment - all perfect moments are transitory.

(this one very much so) grin

Tvseemstobemyhobby Wed 04-Jun-14 10:32:37

I still say you're winning. I would trade a spare lid for a filter and at least after your double helping of caffeine (wired to the max) you can do a really energetic celebration dance.

DizzyKipper Wed 04-Jun-14 10:37:23

Actually with all that caffeine running through your system surely you're wired to the max and can do all housework/daily drudgery essentials in half the time? I'm envious, in fact I'm reconsidering caffeine...

LangenFlugelHappleHoff Wed 04-Jun-14 10:52:46

pseudoBadger the white is a necessity, the yolk squished into warm toast is the breakfast foodgasam! grin

Oh you plum.

Could you water down the coffee and have TWO?

PseudoBadger Wed 04-Jun-14 10:55:53

I needed that kind of thinking 2 hours ago Chaos grin

EduCated Wed 04-Jun-14 11:03:45

Ooh I had my first double yolker ever the other day. Was very exciting. I was at DM's and squealed for her to c

EduCated Wed 04-Jun-14 11:04:23

To come and have a look grin Did mean my scrambled eggs were very yellow though.

TuckingFablet Wed 04-Jun-14 12:32:54

Don't want to brag but I just had a 4 finger kitkat with TWO solid chocolate fingers.

LangenFlugelHappleHoff Wed 04-Jun-14 12:52:01

tuckingFablet wwwaaaaa shock

Snot fair...

<sulks with egg box>

TuckingFablet Wed 04-Jun-14 12:56:43

and I got to drink my coffee at the perfect temperature because dd played on her own nicely. <smug>

LangenFlugelHappleHoff Wed 04-Jun-14 13:15:50

<punches tuckingFablet in the boob>

grin

I am going to brag. I bought a box of eggs from Aldi a couple of weeks ago and ALL 6 (you heard it!) ALL 6 were double yolkers! <for the WIN>.

LotsaTuddles Wed 04-Jun-14 13:22:52

<slaps TuckingFablet in t'other boob>

Don't think I've had a hot drink that's actually hot in 9 months

<glares at sleeping DS who will wake up the second the kettle boils>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now