Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Why is there a bike emoticon ?

(14 Posts)
EduardoBarcelona Mon 26-May-14 13:53:35

Please

EduardoBarcelona Mon 26-May-14 13:57:07

Why?

Tour de France I assume

EduardoBarcelona Mon 26-May-14 13:59:45

Like that's a big thing on here?

Well it must be to some. Plenty of people enjoy cycling and will follow the tour. Parts of it are in England

EduardoBarcelona Mon 26-May-14 14:03:36

Is there a formula one icon?

No I don't think so. You can ask for icons.

cuddybridge Mon 26-May-14 14:32:30

Can anyone tell me how to use them please, the last two times, I have ended up with a string of text instead of a smiley face. I daren't ask my teenager for fear of the rolly eyes

SuburbanRhonda Mon 26-May-14 15:01:51

Not sure why you got a string of text cuddy, but make sure you type it exactly as it is in the list - no spaces after or before the square brackets. If in doubt, click "preview message" before you post.

I'm always embarrassed when I post what I think is a pithy comment that ends in [wonk] because I didn't check it first!

Or a [girn]
grin

ShutUpShouty Mon 26-May-14 15:04:26

I've never even noticed that blush

SlatternNeedsToCalmDown Mon 26-May-14 15:44:51

We just had the Giro in NI, it was great fun. Everybody got really behind it and showed support. Even non cyclists like me. I thought the icon was for that.

kim147 Mon 26-May-14 15:59:53

C'est Le Grand Depart dans Yorkshire.

bike [Ilkley Moor]

EffectiveCommunication Mon 26-May-14 16:02:55

I guess the same reason there is a tennis emotion, sports events. I guess we will have a football and rugby ball for the world cups as well?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now