Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Does it bother you when people who are permanently glued to Facebook

(14 Posts)
Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 21:55:46

The people who tag everything and anyone and always 'so excited to be going to x place with bob' or 'thanks for a fantastic time loved seeing you dave!'

NEVER tag you in a photo or status or say how lovely it was to see you.

I didn't think it bothered me but after reading a few threads on here about bridezillas saying not to post photos of their weddings on Facebook without their permission i realised no one posted any photos of my wedding apart from me. Which then led me to the realisation that no one posts photos of days or nights out that I've gone to or tags me in statuses saying they're excited to be seeing me or what a great time they had with me.

Even my own mother does it. 'Looking forward to shopping with normals sister' following week when we have a trip out with the kids planned, nothing.

It didn't bother me because I didn't notice, but now I've noticed it does bother me. That's odd isn't it.

Depends. Have you told them you're not keen on FB? Maybe they think you don't want to be tagged

sunshinemmum Sun 25-May-14 21:59:09

Have a look at your privacy settings, have you set it to approve tags before they can be posted?

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 21:59:27

Nope. Never said anything positive or negative about the site. I use it but am not a heavy user of it.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 22:00:11

It is set to approve but it triggers notifications which pings me an email,

WorraLiberty Sun 25-May-14 22:01:57

That's probably it then

If you have to approve tags, maybe they think you don't really like being tagged?

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 22:02:38

But how will they know?

chocolatespiders Sun 25-May-14 22:03:06

I dont let people tag me. Do they know if it has to be approved by you?

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 22:03:46

It also doesn't explain the lack of photos of things I've been to - like my own wedding - but I'm not physically in the photo.

It just seems like I'm the friend that's the dirty secret that no one wants to admit to being friends with

WorraLiberty Sun 25-May-14 22:03:51

They'll know because they'll get a notification saying their tag is pending your approval.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 22:04:43

They don't know it needs approving I've never said to them it needs approving - tbh they've never asked either

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 22:05:11

Ah k.

I suppose they'd get a notification if they ever tagged me in anything... grin

balenciaga Sun 25-May-14 22:06:19

Aww normal I'm sure that's not the case

Facebook - creating social angst since 2004.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 25-May-14 22:07:22

Tbh I hadn't even noticed it until I sat down and thought about it. I've been married for quite a while grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now