Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

That girl hosting 1 Big Weekend

(31 Posts)
Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 20:51:29

sorry don't know her name, but I'm struggling to watch her what with her legs about 5 feet apart and continually rubbing her thighs, it's making me feel a bit queasy envy - queasy face.
Just had to get that off my chest, as you were grin

LJBanana Sun 25-May-14 20:55:50

I've not seen it. But I can't stand Gemma Cairney yelling at me through my radio. She is irritating!

SicknSpan Sun 25-May-14 20:56:59

Dh and i just wondering what her name is too! We are obviously ooooold

OwlCapone Sun 25-May-14 20:58:26

Jen Long

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 20:58:33

Ha ha, I don't know who she is either, feeling rather ancient, but enjoying the music. smile

PrincessOfChina Sun 25-May-14 20:58:39

Jen Long, apparently.

She's the "voice" of BBC3 and presumably out of a job when they scrap it.

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 21:01:15

Wish they'd hurry up & show some live stuff & stop rehashing earlier stuff.

LJBanana Sun 25-May-14 21:24:48

Paulo Nutini rocks my world. I had tickets for last night but my baby wouldn't let me go. Pesky kids. It was a sad sad day!

Jen1610 Sun 25-May-14 21:25:02

I just said to my husband who is she she's highly irritating then seen this thread literally thirty seconds later.

Meglet Sun 25-May-14 21:32:19

I've just missed Paolo Nutini haven't I sad.

LJBanana Sun 25-May-14 21:37:15

You have Meglet and he was wonderful. I missed him live in manchester last night and he pain was deep!

SicknSpan Sun 25-May-14 21:39:10

Yes Meglet sorry! I only wanted to see Bastille really and was gutted to realise they were last night! Silly elderly old me. Caught Pompeii and that was it.

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 21:42:24

What a shame LJ, bet you were gutted. I have a very soft spot for Paolo too. Told my 6 year old earlier if I hadn't married daddy, it would've been Paolo, she agreed he was handsome. Currently enjoying Kasabian right now, Serge does it or me too. Was just saying to DH that we need to have another boy just o I can call him Serge grin.

Meglet Sun 25-May-14 21:43:16

It's ok, I'm watching Kasabian performing Underdog now. I do like Pizzorno <<fickle>>

Why are the radio 1djs usually (always?) so laddish?

MrsWinnibago Sun 25-May-14 21:43:56

I think she's ok...the guy however! He needs a good talking to. He's a pain in the arse! All he could say after the Katy Perry teaser was "Let's get some whipped cream" Oh do fuck off.

TeamEdward Sun 25-May-14 21:45:19

I bet Serge is filthy in the good way.

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 21:47:05

Oh I don't know Crazy it's the yoof of today, innit?

Whipped cream in his dreams I bet, he's a bit of a ponce too. All so irritating, can you tell I'm an old fogey grin

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 21:48:14

I bet Serge is really filthy Team, ha!

SicknSpan Sun 25-May-14 21:52:04

I think Serge and Paolo both need a bloody good wash. Now the one on keyboard in the hat with a beard however....

LJBanana Sun 25-May-14 21:53:56

I was gutted. I booked the tickets whilst preggers and deluded that the baby might take a bottle.

DS probably knew that if Paulo saw me (9 weeks after baby no 3, complete with eye bags and muffin top) that Paulo would instantly fall in love with me across the BO filled Carling academy, and whisk me off to his Scottish love nest, and pen beautiful ditties to sing to me daily.

Probably.

LJBanana Sun 25-May-14 21:54:54

Not to mention my double bubble mono boob to complete my sexy look. Oh and fail safe leggings.

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 22:00:25

Of course he would've LJ, mind you you might've had a fight on your hands with all those other fawning admirers. wink

Sitting in our back room and can here the rumblings of Katy Perry, pity I had no idea this was on in Glasgow until yesterday. Gone are the days of being at every gig going. 3 kids here too.

LJBanana Sun 25-May-14 22:03:12

I still fancy myself a reveller. I quite often have kitchen raves.
I have become one if those mum's who reminisces about the days of yore(sp?) when a song comes on shuffle.

Theenormouscrocodile Sun 25-May-14 22:08:00

Haha same here. We were once upon a time musos, had our own club night & everything. Roll forward 15 years & you'd never believe it. 3 kids, fat & asleep by 10pm. How rock n roll we've become. Quiet often have a kids rave round the living room, strictly 6.30 to 7pm before bedtime, they love it.

Ah the memories!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now