Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What tea brand?

(72 Posts)
Frikadellen Sun 25-May-14 10:20:03

This is mildly inspired by the coffee thread.

I am a coffee drinker and when I drink tea I only drink Earl Grey.

However dd 1 2 and 3 all enjoy the occasional cuppa As does MIL. I admit to simply buying what is on offer but the "what instant coffee to get" thread made me wonder if I ought to be at least a little more selective.

I support the Nestle boycott and have for 14 years so wont be getting anything they make. However open for other suggestions.

I tend to shop Waitrose however Sainsburys, Tesco and Aldi all within reach (as is a Island to be honest I just rarely go there) Asda and Lidl miles away so not likely to happen.

HRHQueenMe Sun 25-May-14 10:25:04

You cant go wrong with Yorkshire Tea. Its right proper.

WolfAndMud Sun 25-May-14 10:26:34

DH and I are currently drinking Tesco Value, it's pleasant. smile

Ragglefrock Sun 25-May-14 10:26:56

Twinings. I want to like Tea pigs but it's too high quality/strong and I can't quite bear to throw away the muslin tea pyramids.

OublietteBravo Sun 25-May-14 10:28:32

We have PG Tips. No one complains.

ContinentalKat Sun 25-May-14 10:30:10

Sainsbury's red or gold label. Fair trade and I far prefer them to any others out there, no matter what the price.

PG tips. Yum

TheFairyCaravan Sun 25-May-14 10:31:16

We have Yorkshire tea.

Youdontneedacriminallawyer Sun 25-May-14 10:32:24

I second Sainsbos in the red box. Its fair trade, and tasty. If your in Wales, you just can't beat Glengetti. I always stock up when I go "home".

Cocolepew Sun 25-May-14 10:32:33

I drink Tetley green tea andcusually get Typhoo for DH because Home Bargain do a big box cheap grin

ILiveOnABuildsite Sun 25-May-14 10:33:54

Dh is renowned for his tea drinking, PG Tips is is favourite. I'm partial to Tetley, we are always stocked up with the two and never drink each other's tea. That's probably a bit weird actually!

Spinaroo Sun 25-May-14 10:35:28

Twinnings

SummerSazz Sun 25-May-14 10:35:58

Yorkshire tea only.

KiaOraAura Sun 25-May-14 10:36:27

Twinings English breakfast. Its lovely.

TheHoundsBitch Sun 25-May-14 10:36:38

Yorkshire tea. Best ever.

Frikadellen Sun 25-May-14 10:44:22

Not in Wales no This is surprisingly interesting I drink Twinings EG or Waitrose own brand (leaf tea) but I will admit to never having bought Twinings tea for the girls / visitors (tea bags the girls doesnt like loose tea)

HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs Sun 25-May-14 10:47:07

Clipper tea is our new favourite. And it's Fairtrade.

SweetPeaPods Sun 25-May-14 10:49:03

Tetley or clipper in our house.

Hulababy Sun 25-May-14 10:50:54

We always buy Yorkshire tea.

We also have the decaf version and it is pretty much the only decaf version that actually tastes the same as the non decaf - never known anyone here notice the difference when we've given them it - unless staying for weekend and they end up with a caffeine withdrawal headache!

BarbaraPalmer Sun 25-May-14 10:52:33

DH insists on Yorkshire
I buy Sainsbury's Earl Grey.

TobyLerone Sun 25-May-14 11:00:13

Twinings Everyday. We've tried everything else and nothing is as nice.

enormouse Sun 25-May-14 11:01:33

It used to be pg tips for me but since moving to northern Ireland I've moved to punjana. Occasionally I'll have asdas English breakfast or chai.

Dp only likes earl grey (twinnings or asda). Which I hate. We don't drink each other's tea.

ohmymimi Sun 25-May-14 11:03:00

I just stock up on whatever is on offer in Home Bargains, or Aldi Red Label. I have a friend who only has Yorkshire and believes I do too. She's never spotted the PG, Quick Brew, Tetley or Aldi. She always says what a great cuppa I make!

QueenFuri Sun 25-May-14 11:12:21

At the moment its PG tips, Unlike Yorkshire tea or Tetley since they stopped making Scottish Blend. I also like Aldi's English Breakfast.

TheSarcasticFringehead Sun 25-May-14 11:12:54

Always Yorkshire. I live in the US and it's expensive to get, but I really don't like other brands and it is quite noticeable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now