Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

worst thing youv ate for breakfast?

(36 Posts)
Dextersmummy14 Sun 25-May-14 09:54:00

I'm sat eating kettle crisps.. Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't be arsed to make breakfast :/ whats the worse thing you ate?

Mrsjayy Sun 25-May-14 10:00:05

I dont eat breakfast its usuallly loads of coffee and I eat at 12 ish crisps are usually involvec

susiedaisy Sun 25-May-14 10:03:36

Easter eggs

A cheese n onion pasty

sallysparrow157 Sun 25-May-14 10:05:52

A ready meal curry and a bottle of champagne! Whilst sat on the sofa in my dressing gown, curtains open and watching in the night garden.
To be fair, I had just finished night shifts and had been up all night so this was basically dinner but still, it was about 9am!

(I don't have kids by the way, in the night garden was purely for my benefit as it is better than Jeremy Kyle and very funny when slightly drunk and delirious from lack of sleep!!)

restandpeace Sun 25-May-14 10:33:14

Cold take away pizza -- today--

Trooperslane Sun 25-May-14 10:39:12

I've just resisted last night's leftover chicken and cous cous but only so I don't have to cook again today

I was pondering starting an aibu re this very decision. wink

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Sun 25-May-14 10:40:04

Today I had rich tea biscuits.

MrsRonBurgundy Sun 25-May-14 10:40:49

I've eaten cold curry on many an occasi

SnapeAndLily Sun 25-May-14 10:40:59

Leftover pizza.
Leftover Chinese.

Once I had Weetos though. Now that probably was the worst thing I've ever eaten, full stop envy

MrsRonBurgundy Sun 25-May-14 10:41:19

An occasion that should say! Leftovers from takeaway the night before. Yum

WildThong Sun 25-May-14 10:41:34

Worst (and best) was leftover Chinese curry. Yum.

DeadCert Sun 25-May-14 10:42:27

When in Thailand on holiday, I regularly had a curry around 10:30am. Who wants eggs when you can eat curry?!

ThePowerOfMe Sun 25-May-14 10:48:32

I've had chocolate cake for breakfast.

The worst thing has got to be what my work colleague has - the remains of the doner kebab still sitting by her bedside from the night before. Yuk.

Spacefrog35 Sun 25-May-14 11:26:37

I love curry for breakfast, the advantage of having Asian in-laws is that this is perfectly acceptable grin

This morning I had a small slice of lemon drizzle cake blush

DocDaneeka Sun 25-May-14 11:33:15

Cold pizza is the breakfast of champions.

shouldnthavesaid Sun 25-May-14 11:55:53

Porridge in hospital - I thought it was the safest choice (don't like toast unless its with proper butter and beans/cheese or egg). The nurse covered it in semi cold milk and salt. I tried a mouthful, heaved and couldn't eat the rest.. To this day I can't understand why you'd salt it or why you'd add milk. Surely porridge is meant to be thick and sweet?

Whattheduck Sun 25-May-14 12:19:06

Aldi marmalade yuk

BertieBotts Sun 25-May-14 12:20:56

Scottish nurse shouldn't? grin

I remember staying at my cousin's house as a child and my aunt was MEAN - she said you could ONLY have porridge with salt and wouldn't let us put sugar on it sad

Frolicacid Sun 25-May-14 12:25:03

I had asda salted caramel cake for breakfast this morning. It was a bit disappointing.

SweetPeaPods Sun 25-May-14 12:27:09

I had a kitkat this morning smile
Cold pizza or left over trifle are the best breakfasts !!
Beats cereal or toast !

KurriKurri Sun 25-May-14 12:55:49

My Dad used to feel breakfast was for eating up leftovers in the fridge. A dollop of shepherd's pie + half a tin of pilchards (all cold) would have been a normal breakfast for him. He was in a POW camp for four years and couldn't bear to see food wasted.

Bless his heart though - in his old age he had alzheimer's and my mum found him one morning tucking into a bowl of wild bird seed which he had mistaken for muesli.

juneybean Sun 25-May-14 12:57:23

I had chocolate cake for breakfast this morning

LadySybilLikesCake Sun 25-May-14 13:00:27

Nothing. I usually skip breakfast. I do have emergency pop tarts in the kitchen for ds though blush They have been in there for a month and he's tried 2 (not for breakfast). It's for when we're out of bread/pastries/eggs/bacon etc which happens when I'm too busy working to go to the shop

Moogdroog Sun 25-May-14 13:52:06

Timely thread. I had rhubarb crumble and ice cream for breakfast today shock. I justified it on the basis that the crumble had oats in it, we had no yogurt, hence the ice cream and it needed eating since we are going away tomorrow.
Oh dear.

RabbitPies Sun 25-May-14 14:12:09

Porridge with salt is lovely. Sweet porridge is wrong,with the exception of a little honey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now