Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

My new neighbour just knocked on my door

(460 Posts)
dillite Sat 24-May-14 09:04:41

They moved in last night at 10pm. Just had a knock and there he is, asking me not to cook bacon, as he's finding it offensive. And that it will make it easier to be neighbours in the future if I just do as asked. I am still lost for words. Yes, I was cooking some bacon and my kitchen window was open, BUT REALLY???? What's next?

BrokenToeOuch Sat 24-May-14 09:16:32

Post a bacon butty through his letterbox grin
Erm, he is a weirdo and if I just do as asked is just a bit disturbing and creepy. Cheeky twat. I hope you told him to fuck off.

mousmous Sat 24-May-14 09:16:49

cook pulled pork?
hours of delicious porky smell for hours and hours!
next time ask him where in the law it says that cooking food is not allowed?

He's a tit.

Bacon
Gammon
Pulled Pork.

Do it.

Start logging his complaints now, he sounds like he might be a shellfish neighbour, sorry.

cheekygeeky Sat 24-May-14 09:18:10

What did you say?

dillite Sat 24-May-14 09:18:16

Kinkymouse I really hope not. I had enough of the previous couple and their weed stench.

*Hellish neighbour, not shellfish.

BuzzardBird Sat 24-May-14 09:20:04

Awaiting this thread getting heated...

dillite Sat 24-May-14 09:21:11

I was planning on cooking slow cooked pork belly tomorrow. 8 hours in the slow cooker should be enough, right?

Clarabum Sat 24-May-14 09:21:19

As we say in Glasgow, "Get tae f***"

Blueuggboots Sat 24-May-14 09:22:16

Entitled or what??!!
I'd ignore him entirely. Forget it ever happened. Continue living your life as you wish to and go on a bacon only diet

FanjoForTheMammaries Sat 24-May-14 09:22:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kim147 Sat 24-May-14 09:22:35

What did you say when he asked?

HeyJules Sat 24-May-14 09:23:04

What on earth! blushblush I'm lost for words too.

Bourdic Sat 24-May-14 09:23:37

What Still says - start the log, you're going to need it when you complain of harassment to the police

CorusKate Sat 24-May-14 09:23:48

One of my racist less pleasant relatives moved house because "It always stinks of curry here these days".

Where people live, people need to cook food to eat. I can't work out why some people seem to struggle with this fairly basic part of life and living in a community.

It's your house, do whatever you want.

Be prepared the next time he knocks as there will be one, you do know that?

BuzzardBird Sat 24-May-14 09:26:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

dillite Sat 24-May-14 09:26:32

Kim147 I just said sorry. Obviously now I can think of more appropriate things to have said, but at the time that was all that came to mind.

Buttercup27 Sat 24-May-14 09:26:56

Bacon for breakfast, mackerel for lunch and curry for tea? That should be smelly enough . Of course you would need all of your windows open as it's just too hot to cook with them closed !

Rissolesfortea Sat 24-May-14 09:27:11

"If you do as I say" sounded threatening to me, def start a log, I think you will need it.

HeyJules Sat 24-May-14 09:27:15

Sorry to be dense but what do you mean by "yes I'm sure this happened"? why would OP make it up?

cheekygeeky Sat 24-May-14 09:27:40

Coruskate - I have a similar story. Whilst at uni a fellow student used to always complain of the curry smell in my shared house. He was a horrible nasty guy. Always made my Asian housemate really uncomfortable. His face was a picture when I told him the curry was mine and that my Asian friend only knew how to cobble together beans on toast.

MargotLovedTom Sat 24-May-14 09:27:52

Oh God, my heart is sinking for you. He sounds like he's going to be an awkward arsehole to have next door.

I know you were caught on the back foot but please don't apologise to him again for living a normal life.

Wonder if there's some religious reasons why he's anti bacon?

possiblyprecious Sat 24-May-14 09:27:55

It comes across as threatening behaviour to me. An implied threat about what might happen if you don't do what he says.

dillite Sat 24-May-14 09:28:13

I'm moving in august, so if he is a massive twat, I don't have to deal with him for too long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now