Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Can we have another "I have if you want" swap thread?

(952 Posts)
Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 20:36:53

I have a few things that need a new home, but I'm also gratuitously looking for something grin I don't think we've had a trade thread for a while?

I have...

A pair of blue toddler wellies, size 5, with a tractor on the side which desperately need rehoming so DD will stop trying to cram her too large feet into them

A pair of black Clarks girls trainers, 5F, with some bright pink and blue neon flashes on them - I can't find a picture of them but they're fantastic, especially if you don't like overly 'girly' shoes

A burgundy lace effect skater dress from Oliver Bonas (I think it's a Poem dress), it's sleeveless and relatively long for a skater dress. Again I can't find a picture but I could probably take one if someone is interested. It's a thick lace pattern, I used to wear it to a smart office. Size 8-10, sleeveless, came just above my knee but I'm only 5'1. It's too nice a dress and too smart and too little worn to go to a charity shop really.

And I'm gratuitously after...

A really good big showy necklace, costume jewellery really, that would add some colour or sparkle to a black v-neck dress for an 'evening dress' wedding.

Anyone else got anything tucked away?

MrsLeonard Fri 16-May-14 20:38:50

oooooh yes. i am moving house soon so have tons to get rid of. will need to sort through it though, and most of it will probably need collecting

Annunziata Fri 16-May-14 20:41:35

I have a small green Jack Wills hoody if anyone wants it?

MrsLeonard Fri 16-May-14 20:44:17

how small please? and what are you looking for in return?

Fcukfifa Fri 16-May-14 20:44:25

Oh man I've just thrown away a topshop yellow statement necklace, some of the jewels fell out sad( was not impressed for £40 smackers!

Annunziata Fri 16-May-14 20:46:25

Size 8. The hood is not drawstring through so it really is small.

I don't think I'm looking for anything just now smile

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 20:46:45

Damn it, fcukfifa, what happened to your psychic abilities?! wink

It's actually one of the main reasons I'm asking - things like that you pay money for and then only wear the once. Thought it might be better and nicer all round to do it in a swapsy. This way the collective good of everyone sharing with everyone else means the karma is all good!

RedPony Fri 16-May-14 20:51:09

I have a single Divan bed to give away and am looking for any odd house bits and bobs that are essentials you don't think of smile

voodoochimp Fri 16-May-14 21:05:56

I (well DD) has quite a few Lego Simpsons Minifigure duplicates if anyone wants to swop?

MrsLeonard Fri 16-May-14 21:06:45

ah, wont fit me am a 14. shame i love green. i will have various bits and bobs coming up. to the op- what colour of necklace are you after?

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 21:09:34

Anything! Dress is plain black, haven't bought any shoes yet so just looking for something, you know like the colourful Accessorize costume necklaces?

MrsLeonard Fri 16-May-14 21:12:04

hmmmmm something sparkly? i have a necklace in various shades of blue with gold chain running through?

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 21:12:56

Ooh, blue would always be my go-to colour. Would it work with a deep v-neck, do you think?

MrsLeonard Fri 16-May-14 21:27:23

i should think so. cant send until tuesday but if you pm your address i will get it ready smile

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 21:46:52

Star grin

TheCunkOfPhilomena Fri 16-May-14 21:47:57

I have this necklace if you'd like it. It's sort of bronze with clear glass gems. I am rubbish with jewellery so sorry I can't describe it any better confused

TheCunkOfPhilomena Fri 16-May-14 21:48:31

I am also rubbish at taking non-blurry photos, sorry... blush

EvilHerbivore Fri 16-May-14 21:55:45

I have some kids toys, give me a bit and I'll have a proper look...

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 21:58:37

Philomena that's really pretty but have PM'd MrsLeonard, I think the colour will be good. Hopefully someone else will like it though.

Just like last time I started a thread like this, no one ever needs my shoes!

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 21:59:07

PS - great name, btw!

TheCunkOfPhilomena Fri 16-May-14 22:04:44

Ha! you never know! Thank you, she is brilliant and I can't wait for the next series of weekly wipe.

BigRoundCheese Fri 16-May-14 22:10:23

I'd love the dress in your op, but it sounds too good to go for free. I don't have any statement jewellery but is there anything else you need?

Hmm. To go, I have a fish tank, bowl with gravel and ornament, but impossible to post! A blue h&m dress, around a size 10, wrap around style with a tie around the waist and a new look peach dress, size 8 or 10 maybe.

lucysmam Fri 16-May-14 22:11:44

I have a couple of little girls swimsuits I was going to start a thread offering, will check sizes and post properly in the morning smile

A wooden changing table/3 drawer chest!

Thurlow Fri 16-May-14 22:11:59

What's the peach dress like? We.could.swap? I just want that dress to be used!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now