Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Is this weird or am I being a prude?

(130 Posts)
GlitteryShit Wed 14-May-14 20:42:34

I have friends who are getting married soon. They recently had an 'engagement shoot' and have since posted the photos on Facebook.

However, the photos are quite sexual in nature. The couple are fully clothed but there are lots of photos of the woman straddling the man with them kissing. Just looking at them, I feel like I'm prying on their sex life hmm.

Each to their own and all that but I just wondered if it was me being weird in finding these photos a bit, um, strange. When we had an engagement shoot it was just as a way of getting to know the photographer better and having a practise of posing for the day itself confused.

Iatemyskinnyperson Wed 14-May-14 20:43:25

No, that is weird...

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 14-May-14 20:45:19

Both. It is weird and you are a prude. ;)

Nah, it's super fucked up freaky exhibitionism.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Wed 14-May-14 20:45:47

It's very weird.

Please post them on here so we can judge.

And 'Engagement Shoot'? Is that a thing??

scarffiend Wed 14-May-14 20:46:11

Never mind these ones, imagine the wedding pics!! One of the mock albums by our wedding photographer had photos from a wedding where the brides leg was wrapped round her husbands waist and he was cupping her bum, under the skirt. 95% of thigh on show. Lovely! I decided then and there that we were going demure.

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 14-May-14 20:47:23

Engagement shoot? Ooh er.

AmberLeaf Wed 14-May-14 20:48:21

You should see the pre-wedding wedding pics the do in China!

Not sexual, just different

NinetyNinePercentTroll Wed 14-May-14 20:49:18

Engagement shoot is weird, full stop, unless you're going in the next edition of Country Life or Hello.

Nulliferous Wed 14-May-14 20:49:22

Ooh! A bloke where I used to work had this. Brought in his wedding photos and there were all this faux-initimate shots of him toying with his bride's garter. YACK.

Moln Wed 14-May-14 20:49:53

Bit odd.

I've a facebook friend similar enough, though less so as there's no straddling, lot and lot of smochy poses.

They got married recently and treated all to a step by step photo shot of lead up to wedding, actual wedding and then their honeymoon (as far as matching dressing gowns on rose petal strewn bed, sex snaps were about all that was missing)

Over sharing of how happy and loved up they ars to the extend you think is it just for show.

It's a long, long way away from Charles and Di standing awkwardly next to each other by a fireplace, I grant you.

The world's gawn mad.

<chunter>

NormHonal Wed 14-May-14 20:52:09

Oh yes, the Far East ones can be very...umm...odd. I've leafed through a couple of couples' albums from the Far East and been left speechless. Full-on military costumes in one. (The groom worked in I.T.)

I think the Engagement Shoot is an American import? Seen lots of them on Facebook from Stateside friends, but not yet over here.

I find an engagement shoot weird anyway. I don't know anyone who has had one

EasterSundaySimmons Wed 14-May-14 20:52:50
JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 14-May-14 20:53:36

Their kids will love it though.

"darling, this is me and your father in his favourite position etc etc"

TiggyD Wed 14-May-14 20:54:12

I would need to see the photos before I make up my mind.

sanssoleil Wed 14-May-14 20:55:07

I bet you are dreading the #HoneymoonNight photos shockgrin

GlitteryShit Wed 14-May-14 20:56:46

Moln, that's exactly how it comes across, a bit too try hard to prove how in love and passionate they are with one another hmm.

A couple of the photos look like the photographer was spying on them through bushes and happened to 'catch' them having a cheeky passionate moment.

I'd love to post them as they're actually quite funny but I think that might be crossing a line grin. Even on the more 'appropriate' photos their expressions are priceless. There's one photo where they're sat next to each other and the man is kissing the woman on the cheek and she is pulling what I can only describe as a 'come face' grin. Others where she's been held up against a wall by the man who is in between her legs. Just weird.

ExcuseTypos Wed 14-May-14 20:57:10

Is their a link? wink

We had an engagement shoot. Was fun. No straddling or smooching.

ExcuseTypos Wed 14-May-14 20:57:59

A "come face" on an engagement photo. I bet granny loves that!

Bluestocking Wed 14-May-14 20:58:35

Engagement Shoot does seem to be becoming A Thing. A woman I used to work with put hers on Facebook - she and her fiancé were looking all moody at each other at a station in Birmingham. I think that's almost as weird as some of those Chinese ones.

JohnFarleysRuskin Wed 14-May-14 20:58:45

I liked those Sunday. I found numbers one and three oddly endearing.

There was a hideous one with the woman twisted towards us and the man with come face tho. That was wrong!

Ledkr Wed 14-May-14 21:00:41

They think they're Kim and kanye dint they?

sanssoleil Wed 14-May-14 21:01:44

Tbh Bluestocking it doesn't take sexual desire to look moody at New St station-that is standard grin

But a 'come face' for granny is not on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now