Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Festival camping essentials

(23 Posts)

Just writing my list, am sure i'll miss something!

What are your essentials?

AlpacaLypse Wed 14-May-14 12:56:51

Tent, sleeping bag, torch, clean knickers, toothbrush, loads of cash.

Everything else can be acquired on site.

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 14-May-14 12:59:25

A jug to wee in in the tent
Booze
Sun hat
Wellies or waterproof hiking boots
Waterproof coat/trousers
Earplugs
Eyemask to sleep in
Warm socks
I'm thinking of getting a trolley from ikea to take some of the load off when getting the stuff from car to campsite, if so I'll need some of those elastic things too
Where are you going btw?

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 12:59:50

Wet wipes
cash
spare battery for phone
knickers, lots of
wellies
Booze
booze
booze
booze

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 14-May-14 13:00:51

Those folding chairs that come in a bag are useful for sitting about in the campsite

Download in june

Am in disabled camping so am allowed to park onsite to unload. Hadnt thought of earplugs and eyemask!

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 14-May-14 13:12:59

Is that the rock one? You'll thank me for the earplugs/eyemask, unless you're intending to have a really heavy weekend and not sleep at all grin. Have a good time!

Lovecat Wed 14-May-14 13:36:16

Money
wet wipes & dry shampoo
Traveljohn bags only don't do what I did and mistake the antibac handwipes that come with them for a moist loo wipe. Oooh the stinging!
Money
Shorts - even if it's muddy/rainy - mud is much easier to brush/wash off bare legs than jeans
cag in a bag or similar just in case
spare loo roll
Money
If you smoke, spare cigarettes, they always cost double onsite (so says DH, the smoker).
Woolly hat/gloves to sleep in
picnic blanket with foil backing to put down under your sleeping bag for warmth, also good to sit on/claim a space with while watching the bands (if you're not in the moshpits).
Booze in non-glass containers - ie winebox or cans, no bottles are allowed onsite usually.
Money

TitusFlavius Wed 14-May-14 13:42:14

If you are taking wetwipes, also take a flannel. Wetwipes are brilliant, but you feel weirdly sticky if you are just using them after a while. A flannel held under the standpipe then wiped over the back of your neck - ahhhh!

Decent sized water-bottle to leave in the tent.

Seconded the "don't wear jeans" anti-rec.

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 14-May-14 13:45:22

If you don't fancy going bare-legged, tights dry out a lot quicker than jeans too. I usually take some leggings to wear at night too.

Last time i tried to wee in a bowl in a tent, it was rather unsuccessful blush i'm thinking i might take a handful of nappies to pee on (very like the traveljohn idea but using something i have already) reckon that would work?

TheCowThatLaughs Wed 14-May-14 13:51:47

If you use a jug, you can hold it up to the area, rather than trying to aim.

Taking leggings for sleep. Shorts are fine, I have a tan already grin

Moist toilet paper
Toilet paper
baby wipes
Dry shampoo
Decent bag as you should never leave anything of value in your tent
Loads of socks
Wellies/good flat boots
Hoody for when it gets chilly at night
Hat
Gloves
SUNSCREEN!!!!
Spare phone battery or one of those reusable chargers you can get with cables for different phones
At least one more set of clothes than you think you need in case you get soaked
Pac-a-mac
Anitbacterial hand gel
Sunglasses you dont mind losing
Extra blanket as it gets freezing at night in a tent
Camping chair/s
any meds in a pill divider in your bag (they will get nicked from your tent so carry them with you)
Plasters
Paracetamol/ibuprofen for the morning after
Bottled water
BOOZE!!

It was quite a little bowl, held up rather than sat on. But in darkness i missed. Not the most spatially aware grin

Moogdroog Wed 14-May-14 13:55:03

My essentials in addition to what's been mentioned:
Talc - if it's a wet one is the only way I feel completely dry
gaffer tape - fixes everything
emergency foil blankets - for taping to the outside of your tent. Gives me at least an extra hours sleep as it mitigates the tent sauna effect
S hook for hanging over the toilet door to hang your bag off ( this might only be applicable for glasto long drops)

I have a locker for meds, thats sorted. Will carry spare on me too.

Spacefrog35 Wed 14-May-14 13:56:35

Carrier bags so you can keep manky wet muddy stuff separate from vaguely clean stuff & a couple of clothes pegs so you can peg stuff to the guy ropes of the tent to dry.

BunsnRosess Wed 14-May-14 13:57:56

SHEEWEE with an extender wink

BunsnRosess Wed 14-May-14 13:58:01

and a bottle

MarianForrester Wed 14-May-14 13:58:17

Wine, in boxes as glass is not usually allowed on site.

And I got the idea on here to freeze the white/rose, which is also good for keeping your cool box coolsmile

BunsnRosess Wed 14-May-14 13:58:36
RedToothBrush Wed 14-May-14 14:25:49

Bin Bags and duct tape.

A million and one uses for the above in all weather conditions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now