Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

not in the mood

(23 Posts)
charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 08:50:14

I'm at home today with 20 month old. Have to stay in as waiting for a couple of deliveries.

Yesterday afternoon I got the coil fitted, and I've got bad period type pains today

Also yesterday I got blood test results back, telling me I have high levels of carbon monoxide in my blood. Totally self inflicted through smoking. So I haven't had a cig since yesterday morning. Craving like mad now

Trying to think of ways to amuse little one. At the moment he is playing with a shoe box and some old letters. He's bored with all his toys. He'll be bored of this game within 5 min.

I am so tired and grumpy I just want to cry. My poor ds, his mummy just isn't in the mood and can't snap out of it

Feel free to give me a virtual slap, people.

EatShitDerek Wed 14-May-14 08:53:12

I'd be cabbaged on the sofa. I was thinking if getting the coil but it terrifies me.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 08:55:27

Okay, he is bored of the shoebox letterbox and is climbing all over my body

Eatshit I was able to cabbage on sofa for less than 10 min.

Sigh.

EatShitDerek Wed 14-May-14 08:58:40

Get a big bag if chocolate buttons. Everytime he comes towards you throw a button.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 08:59:51

He's now throwing his toys in a temper as I'm ignoring him. I just haven't the energy.

Eatshit, getting the coil wasn't particularly pleasant but I hope it'll be worth it so I don't have to think about taking / forgetting to take the pill. So relieved it's been done, I've put it off for so long.

Just want a cig so bad.

And for my boy to play on his own for a bit. Even peppa won't calm him. Why today, little man? You're usually so mellow!!

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 09:02:24

If I had a bag of chocolate buttons I would've scoffed the lot by now.

haha funny image though. I'll have to check the cupboards for chocolate (or "Cock" as my ds calls it blush )

stinkysox Wed 14-May-14 10:29:37

Are you going cold turkey? I got an ecig 2 months ago and haven't picked up a cig since. Not even wanted one.

HotSauceCommittee Wed 14-May-14 10:37:14

Give him the peg bag, have some ibuprofen and a strong coffee.

If you can get out for a spin round the park after that, you'll be laughing (?) <hopeful question mark>

amy757 Wed 14-May-14 10:39:23

Ha ha that's strange mine call choc cock too

amy757 Wed 14-May-14 10:39:25

Ha ha that's strange mine call choc cock too

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 10:40:47

Put him down for early nap. I'm now having a cig. Feel really stressed out.

I just want to curl up in bed all day on my own.

The delivery I'm waiting for is a play house for ds, so hopeful it will arrive before he wakes, and he'll have something new to play with.

It's such a beautiful day and I just don't feel like going out. Feel guilty

yy to e cig.

This is the longest ive been without a fag in 15 years.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 10:41:58

And I know I'm stupid for giving in to the nicotine. My d cig ran out and I have zero willpower today

amy757 Wed 14-May-14 10:45:29

Ha ja mine calls choc cock too

amy757 Wed 14-May-14 10:45:31

Ha ja mine calls choc cock too

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 10:47:31

Just come in from cig and found THIS on sitting room floor. I want to cry. Fucking cat.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 10:56:52

Someone please help me see the funny side to all this. I used to have a sense of humour!

Ichneesanshee Wed 14-May-14 11:18:57

Something positive....Um - at least the bird isn't flapping round the room crapping everywhere?!

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 11:33:37

Ha yes there is that although as I picked it up with the dustpan I map convinced it would comeback to life. Bloody hate having to dispose of them. It's the second one today. The cat is on a killing spree. Nothing for nearly a year and now this!

Koothrapanties Wed 14-May-14 12:16:11

If it helps, when I glanced at the picture I thought it was a shit. At least the cat didn't shit on your floor?

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 12:28:38

Haha

incidentally my ds did a particularly loose stool earlier, took meetings nappy when I wasn't looking, and it went all over the floor

It's just one of those days.

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 12:29:09

Fucking predictive text

charlietangoteakettlebarbeque Wed 14-May-14 15:20:29

Bird number 3. Luckily I got to it before ds. Stress levels rising.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now