Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

My two year old is having a tantrum and has just told me...

(37 Posts)
treaclesoda Tue 13-May-14 13:16:02

'I put you in the bin mummy!'

All because I told him that no, he can't have a dummy, he is a big boy now and anyway he knows that the dummies are all in the bin long ago.

Do you think he is frustrated with me? grin

PirateJones Tue 13-May-14 13:19:42

awe, I bet it was hard to keep a straight face.

Nancy66 Tue 13-May-14 13:22:24

ha ha - it's so funny when the get angry like that.

DD still sometimes yells 'Get out of my house...now!' at me or her dad.

barrackobana Tue 13-May-14 13:23:28

Aw that is really sweet in a naughty kind of way! did he point one 'stubby' finger at you whilst saying it as well?

treaclesoda Tue 13-May-14 13:24:21

he did indeed wave the stubby toddler finger of doom at me, along with a lot of flapping his arms up and down.

Clearly I'm a terrible mother.

lucysmam Tue 13-May-14 13:25:46

My four year old's currently throwing a strop because I wouldn't let her randomly wave her brolly about in Lidl and took it off her....45 bloody mins later, she's still wailing at me and stomping around confused

Hedgehog80 Tue 13-May-14 13:26:00

Dd2 (4) tells us to "get out of the family" then exclaims that she will order a new mummy and daddy from amazon and her new daddy will be called john from Africa and her new mummy will be a beautiful princess with no spots and glasses.. Then she sits and waits by the door for her delivery!

barrackobana Tue 13-May-14 13:26:04

gringrin

WaitingForMe Tue 13-May-14 13:28:05

DS glared at me and did the baby sign for "gentle" yesterday when I was manhandling him into the buggy so we could leave the bank.

lucysmam Tue 13-May-14 13:31:13

& now she's stomped off upstairs, got into bed and actually looks like she's off to sleep hmm

My friend's DD said she would throw mummy in the sea and let fishes eat her! grin

treaclesoda Tue 13-May-14 13:42:01

Glad to know mine is not the only one with inventive punishments for parental shortcomings!

mrsbucketxx Tue 13-May-14 13:43:28

mine tell me "im a baby" or "im stupid"

swiftly followed by the naughty step.

MiaowTheCat Tue 13-May-14 13:49:14

I just got told I had a stinky bum by DD1. No, DD1 it's YOUR nappy I'm changing sweetie (and it reeks).

She told me the blanket I was making yesterday was "Aslooty bootful" though so I can forgive her a lot at the moment.

My ds1 is 3. He told me the other day that if he couldnt go on my ipad "he would never eat again" (chance would be a fine thing, hes eating us out of house and home!)

mumofboyo Tue 13-May-14 14:03:21

3 yr old ds shouts, "On your bottom, right now!" in a really bossy tone of voice. I think he's got it from nursery grin

forago Tue 13-May-14 14:06:27

my three have always done the old "you're not my best friends, you're not coming to my party!" to which I am afraid I now reply "well who's going to make the cake then?"

they have variously replied:
Daddy (not since they tried a cake he made)
Nana (as above)
and the latest retort was "you can come and bring a cake but you can't talk to anyone"

OutsSelf Tue 13-May-14 14:08:24

I have been threatened with the cupboard! Obvs, I'm watching my ps and qs very carefully now.

I love these threads.

My baby is now 2 inches taller than me and not nearly as expressive!

dawndonnaagain Tue 13-May-14 14:10:15

I have been sent to bed before! However, my youngest are 17 now, we still have the odd tantrum and trust me, it's nowhere near as sweet as I'll put you in the bin! grin

LadyMacbethWasMisunderstood Tue 13-May-14 14:12:25

My 2 year old DS told me I wasn't a big girl and was a silly sausage. Just because I told him he needed to wear shoes outside.

CecyHall Tue 13-May-14 14:13:35

Everything with mine is 'ridicalus' at the moment, sounds so weird coming out of my tiny boys mouth!

We get "BAD DOG!" when they've run out of argument.

WE do indeed have a rather naughty dog..

TheCunkOfPhilomena Tue 13-May-14 14:22:30

Excellent stuff! I must admit I have to try my hardest when DS,3, loses it. It doesn't happen very often (thank god) but when he blows, wow!

The last time he did he told me I was a "very naughty mummy", that he was going to "use his coat to lock me in there" (there being the sitting room and I have no idea how he thought his coat would be an effective key) and shouted at the top of his voice "I HAVE CALMED DOWN!!!".

BintyMcBintington Tue 13-May-14 14:33:02

My 2 year old DD shouts "go away Anna" at me grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now