Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Keys! I have keys!

(73 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 15:27:07

<<does a little happy dance>>

I have phoned the man with the van, he is coming to move my bed, my sofa and my fridge tomorrow.

The dogs beds are being delivered on Wednesday and the children's beds on Friday.

I have a million things to do but have been running about since 12 ish and I'm bloody knackered so I'm going to sit and have a coffee and sort things that can be sorted from my desk (new phone contract, internet, tax credits etc)

nb: the dog's beds just happened to be in stock, I have deliberately arranged for them to arrive first. They were not ordered first.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 16:20:49

Have ordered washer, dryer and table, all arriving on Monday. He can stick his shitty washer up his arse.

I'm on hold to the tax credits people, then I'm visiting my new house grin

CrispyHedgeHog Mon 12-May-14 16:21:56

yay!!!! so pleased for you at last! grin

Finally!! Although I have one question.....

Why order dog beds when you know you be letting them sleep with you?!
grin

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 16:29:39

No, the dogs are not going to be allowed upstairs or on my shiny new sofa hmm grin, they have nice new beds.

AliceDoesntLiveHereAnymore Mon 12-May-14 16:33:20

so happy for you! enjoy!!

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 16:45:11

Tax credits sorted. I had to have a fight with them. They were going to process a whole claim based on my normal hours for last week, even though my hours are changing on Tuesday, then I'd have to ring them back tomorrow to report my change in circumstances confused Eejits. They agreed to process it with this weeks hours eventually grin

I can't order my t'internet until tomorrow because I have to pay £75 upfront to get the best deal, so I have to wait until I pay £75 into my bank.

Same for my phone. I need to buy my new phone first. I have to give him lovely Galaxy Note back, but that's also fine. I'm getting a nicer one anyway.

I'm phoning water and electric and gas people when I go to the new house shortly and have already sorted housing and council tax benefit claim.

Besides from drink copious amounts of wine, what else have I forgotten? My bank is registered to my mum's address anyway.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 17:10:39

I just have to find a way to tell dd1 that we will be living without wi-fi for around a month now shock

I suspect staying over night with her Dad might become more appealing when she learns that I will be cutting her off from the modern world grin

Whereisegg Mon 12-May-14 17:11:14

Only this morning I was reading your thread and you said it had been 7 werks without keys, hurrah grin

Whereisegg Mon 12-May-14 17:12:07

Tv licence?

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 17:14:03

We will need one? We will not have a TV for the considerable future. I still have loads to buy and hardly any cash, a TV is way, way, way down my list of priorities.

We watch Netflix and sometimes ITV player, demand 5, but never live.

Crutchlow35 Mon 12-May-14 17:16:45

Are you using quidco? You can get some really good cashback deals on utilities and insurance.

Ah, d0oin I'm so happy for you.

What have you forgotten? Well, a bottle of champagne to go in your new shiny fridge in your new shiny home?
grin

Post redirected? Electoral roll thingy?

I hope you and your DDs and your dogs are happy in your new home.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 17:19:19

I get no post sad I have no friends and everything is in Twunt's name grin

Council auto changed the electoral roll thingy when I applied for council tax benefit.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 17:20:40

I might stop smoking the day I move, just to piss him off (and to help save for new furniture etc, but I'm not going to tell him that) grin

Oh god, I gave up smoking on Friday.

Get an e cig. It will save you a fortune.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 17:26:15

I have one. I bought it weeks ago. It is purple. It's in the house somewhere. Or at work. Or possibly at my mum's. I used it once blush

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 17:27:58

Good Lord, Doin, are you leaving him!?

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 12-May-14 17:29:22

Yup, Quint. My bed moves tomorrow. So do I. Although the children cannot move until Friday. I am moving asap. No more snoring. I feel refreshed already.

NameChangeAnon Mon 12-May-14 17:29:57

Phone the tv licencing people and tell hem you don't need a licence but if it changes you will arrange a licence before watching. They now only send me a polite letter every 2 years asking if circumstances have changed. Another quick call and they leave me alone again. I always double check I'm allowed to watch iplayer and similar with them.

Congratulations and best wishes for the setting up of your new home.

QuintessentiallyQS Mon 12-May-14 17:30:14

You have made my day! Well done, excellent news! grin

diddl Mon 12-May-14 17:31:16

Hurrah!

Mines purple as well grin

Go and find it. It will honestly save you a lot of money. And then you can buy champagne and chocolates to celebrate.

WireCat Mon 12-May-14 17:31:57

Fantastic news. Good luck x

mousmous Mon 12-May-14 17:32:49

I'm so so pleased to be reading this.
you sound so happy and relieved!
all the best flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now