Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

I was subject to a mass judgement

(74 Posts)

My 2yo had a total meltdown at a child's party today. The lying on the floor holding breath before massive scream variety. I scooped her up and took her to the side to calm down. But not before five parents, all with babies under 6m, made a variety of loud enough to hear comments about 'spoiled children' and 'I would be mortified if that was my child'.

Well guess fucking what, talk to me in two years you tossers. grin

Vintagebeads Sun 11-May-14 20:15:25

DD flung in temper a plate of party food all over me,and went to grab the tablecloth like she was going to whip it out from under the food, at DN party.
She then screamed until she almost of sick.

All the guests of my sis were shock sat there with little cute babies in car seats.
TG for my sister who was out in the garden weak laughing.

hazey hahahahahahaha

Tbh what irritated me even more than the shite remarks was how they all stared at us during the tantrum peak. (When it was difficult to actually pick her off the grass due to rigidity).

Avert thine eyes, fuckers.

guineapig1 Sun 11-May-14 20:17:51

Indeed! Have a wine and look forward to two years tim when they will be dealing with their tantrumning toddlers and your will have a lovely calm four year old with who you can reason -- or bribe --

Thanks guinea I would hold that thought but currently TTC so will (hopefully) have to go through it all again...

wine for all parents to toddlers

BobPatandIgglePiggle Sun 11-May-14 20:22:50

Fuckers - their time with terror tots will surely come

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 11-May-14 20:22:59

You can't claim the thousand yard stare till you've weathered an Ikea tantrum. 2yo DS shit himself and then had a rigid, tittering, upright tantrum in the middle of a busy concourse. Shoppers flowing on either side of us and our cloud of stench, like the parting of the red sea.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 11-May-14 20:23:49

Tittering? JITTERING. Going to have a tantrum of my own over autocorrect in a minute.

HaroldLloyd Sun 11-May-14 20:24:56

Shit ridden and tittering sounded just as bad mind! grin

Owllady Sun 11-May-14 20:25:49

I can't stand people who can't accept normal behaviour. My daughter is a teenager with challenging behaviours (severe sn) and if ppl can't accept normal stuff, it holds out no hope for us!

Mind you, she swears at people who tutt or stare at her blush

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 11-May-14 20:26:31

grin Like some filthy imp of Satan. Sounds about right.

Owllady Sun 11-May-14 20:26:42

Jesus grin

chocoluvva Sun 11-May-14 20:28:32

Aww.

Did you see the thread asking why Britain is considered to be less child-friendly than other countries? One poster commented that in this country we look embarrassed/away/irritated when a baby cries whereas in Italy everyone sympathises, pulls comedy faces to distract the baby etc....

owllady I know. My friend had a baby quite young and her now teenage daughter has severe LD. The comments she gets would send the Dali Lama into a fit of rage. Think people, think.

Mothergothel1111 Sun 11-May-14 20:28:50

It's so difficult not be smug when friends who previously couldn't understand how hard it is with three under four, can't cope with with one tiny baby.

Their time will come. looking forward to offering haribo to said child at every meeting going forward

HaroldLloyd Sun 11-May-14 20:31:18

My toddler has a satan voice he uses a lot.

I try and get him to say sorry and he just hissed WONT SAY SAWEE like some sort of satan snake. I've had a LOT of looks.

FoxSticks Sun 11-May-14 20:32:31

I got stared at by two mum's with their chubby giggly babies when my toddler had an epic tantrum the other week. They even had the cheek to have incredulous open mouthed smiles. I can't wait until they get theirs.

ToriaPumpkin Sun 11-May-14 20:33:50

My best friend had her first baby a few months ago. I have an internal list of everything her husband did to wind up DS, every bad behaviour he taught or encouraged and every routine breaking incident with with to taunt him when he starts to complain about how hard parenting is :-)

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 11-May-14 20:34:01

grin
harold

Have had a few exorcist moments myself with both dds

My MIL is adamant none of hers ever had a single tantrum.

Pffffft. Her eldest (not my DP) still bloody does... At 40.

HaroldLloyd Sun 11-May-14 21:11:48

Yeah Whatevs MIL! I don't believe it!

5OBalesofHay Sun 11-May-14 21:16:15

Hahahahaha. When they are teenagers you will look back fondly on toddler behavior

FunLovinBunster Sun 11-May-14 21:16:51

Feeling your pain, OP.
DD then aged 6, staged a sit down protest in John Lewis. Judgey looks all round as I dragged her out screaming.

HaroldLloyd Sun 11-May-14 21:16:57

Argh. shock

50bales, MY child will be an impeccable teenager.

DuckSongRocks Sun 11-May-14 21:17:37

Tempting to say "Oh you think is bad - ha! You'll never buy groceries in a supermarket again ladies so get a grip or start stock piling right now."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now