Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

I was subject to a mass judgement

(74 Posts)

My 2yo had a total meltdown at a child's party today. The lying on the floor holding breath before massive scream variety. I scooped her up and took her to the side to calm down. But not before five parents, all with babies under 6m, made a variety of loud enough to hear comments about 'spoiled children' and 'I would be mortified if that was my child'.

Well guess fucking what, talk to me in two years you tossers. grin

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 11-May-14 19:53:44

grin

Their time will come

wishing I had wine while dd2 continues with her meltdown

IrnBruTheNoo Sun 11-May-14 19:54:52

Those that cast stones......

Here Giles, have some of mine wine

FatalCabbage Sun 11-May-14 19:54:56

Only a matter of time.

They know where and when to tantrum for maximum effect, toddlers.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 11-May-14 19:55:52

Thanks , appreciated wink

IrnBruTheNoo Sun 11-May-14 19:56:08

Their time will come indeedy! It never fails to amuse me when people come out with those types of comments. Do they not realise the baby stage is such a doddle! grin

BitOutOfPractice Sun 11-May-14 19:56:13

People really say these things? Out loud? Within earshot?

scarletforya Sun 11-May-14 19:56:55

Gobshites!

It's fucking rice crispie cakes, they turn her into a monster.

I'll make sure to go to the child's fifth birthday in 2016 and just sit back...

FourForksAche Sun 11-May-14 19:58:07

Fifty grin they're delusional, their time will come!

everlong Sun 11-May-14 19:58:47

They will rue the day grin nobheads

Lilaclily Sun 11-May-14 19:58:57

Can't believe they said anything in ear shot

shoofly Sun 11-May-14 20:00:01

My mum always said "If they're talking about you, they're leaving somebody else alone"

Their time will come

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 11-May-14 20:00:52

I'm always just thankful that at that time and that place it wasn't mine.

But I know soon enough somewhere else, it will be grin

You know, I've often read threads on here about rude people and wondered where the hell those people live as have never encountered them. Until now..... Gaaaah.

Madrigals Sun 11-May-14 20:02:49

Ha ha ha - will be them soon enough! gringrin

Two is tiny and classic tantrum time - they clearly know nowt!

RollingGreenMarble Sun 11-May-14 20:03:18

My brother and SIL have made comments on and off for years about my child and what I have managed with him and help I get from family (single young mum).

Oh look at how things are going for them with a new born! I'm sorry, you need help? Surely not... your child will be oh so perfect and there is TWO of you! Do housework for you?! But you've suggested my house isn't good enough all these years whilst doing it by myself... surely you've got this?!

I feel their pain and sympathise really but the bitch in me is also smirking a little grin

We all look back and see how judgemental we've been in the past before we knew !

HaroldLloyd Sun 11-May-14 20:05:18

Yes had a pair of ladies with 6 mo giving us with toddlers the eye on friday.

Just you wait mother fuckers. Just you wait! grin

IShallCallYouSquishy Sun 11-May-14 20:06:04

I would be mortified if it was my DD but not because "my precious angel wouldn't do that" but because I hate having too much attention drawn to me.

I was seen last week with screaming 2 year old under one arm while trying to push baby DS in buggy, as she decided that she didn't want to hold hands in a busy car park. Toddlers are great aren't they hmm

Tweasels Sun 11-May-14 20:06:07

Ha, I love it when things like that happen. No one who hasn't had a toddler has any idea what it's like dealing with one. One of my favourite posts on here was a poster who described her toddler as the love child of Hitler and Stalin on crack grin

I have a pregnant friend who keeps giving me parenting tips. Smile and nod, smile and nod!

hazeyjane Sun 11-May-14 20:06:21

If it makes you feel any better I have a memory burned on my brain of dd2 at a party when she was 3, I was stood chatting to someone drinking wine (it was a very fancy party for a very fancy 3 year old) when I heard someone saying, 'my god, who's child is that??!!' I should have just got my bag and left, because I just knew that when I turned around it would be dd2. Dd2 stood butt naked in the birthday child's brand new sandpit having a pee....

ChineseFireball Sun 11-May-14 20:06:32

I sympathise totally. My 2-y-o had a meltdown in a cafe and I was mortified...
Completely agree with PPs. Their time will come. Do not worry one jot. Have some cake

everlong Sun 11-May-14 20:08:40

I like the sound of your child hazey wink

Mnippy Sun 11-May-14 20:13:42

This is awful, but I do feel a bit of schadenfreude when friends have babies. NOW you will know how exhausting it is! How awful it was with you gossiping about whether I was pregnant and calling everyone to break the news when I just didn't want to tell anyone before my 12 week scan. How I felt when you cancelled last minute before you were about to visit me to provide some respite because DH was ill.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now