Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Ok- faint bfp or seeing things? Help me!

(104 Posts)
OhFFSWhatsWrongNow Sun 11-May-14 15:14:37

I've just poas and I can't tell if it's a faint bfp or if I'm seeing things that aren't there. Oh wise ones of mumsnet, reveal to me the truth grin

Rumplestiltskinismyname Sun 11-May-14 15:17:28

I can't see it, sorry.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 11-May-14 15:19:44

Sorry can't see anything

Oddthomas Sun 11-May-14 15:20:10

If I tilt the screen then I can sort of see a very faint maybe-line but nothing certain. Try again in a few days?

What brand is it? Asda own brand pick up from 10 dpo IME.

OhFFSWhatsWrongNow Sun 11-May-14 15:21:19

Don't be sorry grin
It's a clear blue. I'm due tomorrow.

iK8 Sun 11-May-14 15:21:21

Can't see anything but a digital will say one way or the other.

Oddthomas Sun 11-May-14 15:24:20

I really dislike clear blue for accuracy. Don't spring for a digital one, unless you're feeling flush, cheap brands are just as good. Asda, pound shop, Wilko, etc are all good.

StudyFullTime Sun 11-May-14 16:44:14

I've never had a bfp on a clearblue, I've always found first response the best.

I can't see the line

OhFFSWhatsWrongNow Sun 11-May-14 18:25:29

Thanks everyone. I've just done another one (3 in the pack) and dh said he can see a "faint line, but if you were pregnant it would be a thick line like the plus on the box" hmm

OhFFSWhatsWrongNow Sun 11-May-14 18:47:49

This is the one dh thinks has a faint line. Not much difference to the first one in there? Meh, I'll know in a few days anyway. smile

CommunistLegoBloc Sun 11-May-14 18:49:23

I can't see it, but perhaps someone with better eyesight will come along! It's also quite a dark photo, on my screen at least.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Sun 11-May-14 18:51:29

Sorry I can't see anything on that one either.

Id give it a few days then test again

PrincessBabyCat Sun 11-May-14 18:54:04

My first poas came back negative and I got my period a few days later. We thought we were in the clear. My DD is a month old right now. So, you can get a negative reading and still get a period (it'll be lighter) when you're pregnant.

They don't really start showing positive readings until you're about 3-4 weeks in. Not to give you false hope.

I can see it on second photo.

MrsWombat Sun 11-May-14 18:55:31

I think there is a very very very feint line or something on the second one. It's hard to tell as I've zoomed in on the iPad so could be pixels or something. :-/ Try a first response test in a couple of days.

atos35 Sun 11-May-14 18:55:55

I think I can see what you mean in the first pic but not the second, the really cheap ones can buy in Asda, two for a pound are really good (they are the ones we use in hospitals) and I got strong positives with these 4 days before I was due on - worth a try? Good luck

reallywittyname Sun 11-May-14 18:56:01

I see a vair faint line on the second one. You almost have to not look at it to see it though.
I'd do another one in the morning!

OhFFSWhatsWrongNow Sun 11-May-14 19:04:13

Thank you everyone. I'll take the test again in the morning if I can wait that long grin

HalfPintPickle Sun 11-May-14 19:45:29

I can see a feint ( very very very feint line ) on both. That's what mine looked like and prompted me to do a first response early reader one. :D good luck. Do it in the morning with first wee so it's nice and concentrated.

Oddthomas Sun 11-May-14 19:49:38

I can see it on the second picture.

skiesmylimit Sun 11-May-14 19:51:30

I have only ever got positive tests on asda and tesco home brand ones. Let's just say I took clear blue and first response.. Both negative.. Took asda one and was positive! That was with first dc.. With second first response .. Negative.. Tesco .. Positive. On same blinking day!!

Lanabelle Sun 11-May-14 19:56:35

wait till first thing in the morning and maybe use a first response early one. always worked better for me

Penguin0fMadagascar Sun 11-May-14 20:02:33

I think sometimes you can see something where the line of reagents that would go blue is on the paper inside the test. Last time I did a test I took it on the day my period was due and got a negative but a couple of days later, after I'd still not come on I did another one and got a positive. DS2 is 4 now, so it really takes me back!

Oddthomas Sun 11-May-14 20:06:38

Same here skies. In my latest pregnancy I got a positive on an Asda test ten days after DTD (could only have gotten pregnant that date as it was the first time we'd done it in six weeks!). Went out and got a Clearblue to double check and it was negative. Did the other Asda test that was in the box, positive. I've now got a 10wk old grin

bottleofbeer Sun 11-May-14 20:07:03

I had a really faint one ( same test as yours) on the Sat night. Monday
morning it was a strong positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now