Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

How much do you like making lists?

(44 Posts)
Kasterborous Sat 10-May-14 23:20:25

Not the most exciting topic ever, but I love making lists. I have lots of nice notebooks and love thinking of lists to write in them. I'm currently 'catalouging' my coloured pencils. grin

TurnOverTheTv Sat 10-May-14 23:21:12

1. Really
2. Love
3. It

I love making a list, actually completing the tasks on the lists is where I fall down....

flightywoman Sat 10-May-14 23:26:35

Lists! Love them! There was a fab programme on radio 4 about 8 years ago about list making, it was great. I make lists of lists. I add things I've already done to lists so I can tick them off!

RuinedAndNotorious Sat 10-May-14 23:28:18

Oh, I love lists! I once made a list of lists to make. That was a good day!

I too make a list of my lists. I like to write them on paper and I like to use Excel spreadsheets. I understand that it is quite a common Virgo trait not that I believe in that kind of stuff

Kbear Sat 10-May-14 23:35:37

love them - especially lists that contain "bikini", sun cream" "flip flops"

blueshoes Sat 10-May-14 23:36:20

I do lists not because I like but because I need to. Lots of balls to keep in the air.

JustPassingThru Sat 10-May-14 23:40:01

List addict here too. I cannot function without lists.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 10-May-14 23:41:28

On a scale of one to Ten, Thirteen and a half

I love a list. If I don't write them down (to hide my list obsession) I have them in my head. Numbered.

Virgo trait

squoosh Sat 10-May-14 23:43:28

Nope. I've never been a list or stationery person.

clary Sat 10-May-14 23:44:14

Putting things you are bound to do on the list is fine (eg "have lunch")

However putting things on you have already done is definitely cheating grin

I love a good list. DS2 is the same - his birthday present request list this year featured detailed diagrams of where to find the gifts. grin

Schmoochypoos Sat 10-May-14 23:45:24

Another list lover here, I love crossing a few things off and then re-writing it very neatly for the next day.

306235388 Sat 10-May-14 23:48:05

Oh I adore a list. Always include a few 'get out of bed' , 'have tea' type ones to make me feel like I've achieved something.

What I really love is holiday packing lists and sublists. Love them!

avianaz Sat 10-May-14 23:48:09

Lovvveeee it!

OutsSelf Sat 10-May-14 23:49:31

1. Notebook for lists - check!
2. List of lists - check!
3. Adding things to list which are already completed - check!
4. Inserting "write this list" in pursuit of item 3 as detailed - check!
5. Spending an inordinate amount of time considering with pleasure the incidence of meta-list in items such as 3, 4 & 5 - check!

Few of life's ball aches can withstand the power of a properly constructed list.

rabbitrisen Sat 10-May-14 23:50:44

Not so much as most of you lot!

DanFmDorking Sat 10-May-14 23:51:53

The Pink Panther's To Do list:
- To do
- To do
- To do, to do, to do, to do, to doooo

For my New Year resolutions I've decided that if I make a list of 10 then surely some will stick:-
1. Give up alcohol.
2. Try and be more realistic.
10. Stop being so Lazy

Jollyphonics Sat 10-May-14 23:57:49

I can't live without my lists. I have 3. A long term list, which covers the next 2-3 months, with events/arrangements I mustn't forget. A medium term list, which has the main things I have to do in the next few days. And a day list, that I write the night before, which has lots of detail - phone calls I need to make, bills I need to pay, things I need to have ready for kids going to school etc.

If I lost any of my lists I'd be in a right state. I admit I'm a control freak, but as a working single parent I live on a knife-edge and everything has to be very organised or it'll all fall apart!

squoosh Sat 10-May-14 23:59:30

Did anyone turn into a super organised type once they crossed over to the list side of the street? Or are the lists just another method of procrastination?

ChasedByBees Sun 11-May-14 00:08:05

A LOT

Jollyphonics Sun 11-May-14 00:11:43

For me it's a necessity, as my memory has got so bad as I've got older! I remember years ago if I was in bed and suddenly thought of something I had to do the next day, I just used to put something from my bedside table on the floor (a pen of something) and the next day I'd see it and remember the things needed to do. Now I'd just think "ooh I wonder how that pen got there" and I'd put it back where it belonged, totally forgetting my important task that day!

callmekitten Sun 11-May-14 00:13:55

Depends on the list. If it's something like "Strange things that DD has dragged into bed with her" or something like that, I love them. If it's a To Do list, not so much. My Mom is big on making lists. Making lists makes me feel like my Mom. She's a lovely woman but I want to be my own person (thank you very much)

Pasithea Sun 11-May-14 00:15:58

Due to my medication my memory has gone to rot. So. Lists for lists for lists. Then reminders for list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now