Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Company keep ringing me even though i have reported them to TPS!

(35 Posts)

I have on a regular basis over the last two years been rung up by a company called Smart Home Protection. I tried to be polite then i got cross and then i reported them three times to the TPS. The TPS did it officially after the third complaint and sent the local Trading Standards Officer round to the company. The TPS assured me that the TS man would get my number taken off their system!
I couldnt believe it when the company rang me up again today!!! I dont know what else the TPS can do??? I am so angry. I told the woman who rang me today that i will be reporting them again. I wasnt rude i was surprisingly calm and polite!

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sat 10-May-14 14:20:18

Blow a whistle down the phone.

I know it's a horrible thing to do but you have asked them repeatedly to leave you alone and they've refused your polite request.

Or report them to the police for harassment.

I work nights and shit like this would make me livid.

I am reluctant to blow a whistle down the phone in case they record their calls. If i do make it "official" then i will look as bad as them!!

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sat 10-May-14 14:32:27

Ah, true.

Google the company, get their number and ask to speak to a manager.

Then ask why they're continuing to harass you. And use the word 'harrass', might prompt them into doing something.

Have tried that already.............sad

PigletJohn Sat 10-May-14 14:51:13

haven't you got Caller Display?

Mrsjayy Sat 10-May-14 14:54:32

ask to speak to their supervisor ask them where they got your number they will fluff and mumble then put the phone down we are on that list they still phone us it is a company offering us a grant to make our house insulated ( i cant remember the word i am looking for) blush but they are doing my head in. I just say the above,

Mrsjayy Sat 10-May-14 14:56:58

oh you ask that anyway just put the phone down on them

dorothyparka Sat 10-May-14 15:00:09

Tell them it's a business line--not really sure why but (ime) this gets you an apology and your number deleted from their database
It's so wrong that companies can bother you in your home like this angry

TalkinPeace Sat 10-May-14 15:03:46

when they phone, talk absolute and utter bollocks at them until they hang up
non stop random words (reading recipes backwards is good)
every time

they will take you off their list

either that or "I'm cleaning up the blood before the police come" repeated down the phone at them will make their STAFF take you off the list.

PrincessBabyCat Sat 10-May-14 15:04:05

Don't blow a whistle in the phone to hurt their ears. The callers are just doing their jobs (which I can promise hate it more than you hate the calls), it's the upper management that's not taking the numbers off the lists.

TalkinPeace Sat 10-May-14 15:16:06

Ah yes, the other line is just to repeat down the phone

"get a better job, your employers are crooks"

RVPisnomore Sat 10-May-14 15:18:30

I would say one sec and then put the phone on the side and walk away leaving it for a while.

If they did it again I would blow a whistle down the phone. IME the TPS is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I don't believe TPS actually do anything. They just keep a list so the companies that care won't call. The others will do what they like.

As far as I'm concerned though the calls are harassment and working for one of them makes you an accessory. So I won't give any consideration to the feelings of those who call.

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sat 10-May-14 15:24:14

How about you accept their call, make an arrangement for them to come out, sit them down with a cup of tea, dead lock your front door and explain to them s l o w l y that they're annoying the fuck out of you and you'd like them to call their supervisor now and get your name removed.

Do not release them until you have conformation via email that your name has been removed from their system.

That won't hurt anyone's ears.

wink

KingJoffreysBloodshotEye Sat 10-May-14 15:25:46

Although I don't see why we can't hurt their ears but they can damage ours with their godawful loud music they play when they put you on hold for days...

EffectiveCommunication Sat 10-May-14 15:28:58

I think it is not on to damage someone's hearing, when it is their managment at fault.

Tell them to take you off the list, and to go and find an better employer.

Roussette Sat 10-May-14 15:29:40

If you blow a whistle down the phone, that is actually illegal and you would be liable for prosecution because it could conceivably damage someone's hearing. It really isn't the fault of the staff working for them, they work off lists given to them.

Personally, I would find out the name of their CEO (anything is possible - ring them saying you are the local MP and need the email address and direct line number of their CEO. Make up any old thing to find out this information. Can you tell I used to have a bf who was a private detective!)

Then get your facts right as far as telephone harrassment and write the strongest worded email ever detailing what action you will take should you receive one more phone call. This could range from legal action to the European Court of Human Rights.

That should sort it [grin[

3littlefrogs Sat 10-May-14 15:30:07

Please don't blow a whistle down the phone. You will cause damage to the hearing of the poor person who is only doing their job, which they probably hate.

Just ask them to hold for a moment, then go off a do a few jobs or something, then after about 15 minutes come back and gently put the phone down.

Roussette Sat 10-May-14 15:32:53

The MD of Smart Home Protection is Matt Black. There you go. smile

Now you just need to ring for his email address and you can sort him and it out once and for all!

CaptainTripps Sat 10-May-14 15:33:09

The most stupid idea is to blow a whistle. Please do NOT do this.

The CEO route is the way forward. It'll be a pain in the arse but you will get results. I had to do it with BT during their broadband campaign a couple of years ago.

TalkinPeace Sat 10-May-14 15:34:32

Here you go
wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcprodorder?ft=1
The directors are Mr Matthew Simon Black and his lovely wife Clare nee Jones.
The second link conveniently gives their address

LadySybilLikesCake Sat 10-May-14 15:34:33

There was a guy in the newspaper a year or so ago who took companies like this to court for wasting his time and he won.

It may make them stop if you threaten them with legal action.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20068927

Roussette Sat 10-May-14 15:36:49

I once wrote to the European CEO, the UK CEO, the Chairman and other Very Important People of a huge telecomms company. I got beyond my wildest expectations result. Replaced Goods. Value of Replaced Goods. Cheque for my aggravation. And a promise that they would re-organise their internal systems not to let what happened, happen again.

Social media is useful too. Check out if they have a twitter or FB page. That usually sorts it in hours.

TalkinPeace Sat 10-May-14 15:40:39

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now