Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Britain First Party Political Broadcast

(8 Posts)
Rhine Sat 10-May-14 12:13:02

Did anyone else see this drivel in BBC1 last night? I thought it was absolutely disgusting that they used Lee Rigby's name as a means to peddle their awful racism, apparently now his family are not very happy about it and understandably so.

Awful thick as mince scumbags, and you know what, the sad thing is there are people out there who will agree with every word they say.

Ploppy16 Sat 10-May-14 13:07:30

Didn't see it (would have ignored it if I knew it was on)but a quick question, is this the same Britain First that posts up funny meme's on FB? I have/had a few people who keep sharing things from this page in the last few weeks without actually looking at the rest of the page.

I saw it, though your thread title is not clear that you mean the BNP party election broadcast that was shown on channel 5 last night. (I assume)
I was horrified. I am appalled that this is even legal. I did indeed go to their website to have a look at the 'cartoon' that they were not allowed to show in its entirety.
Outrageous. I am scared that this is out there, pretending to be normal, main-stream politics.

LingDiLong Sat 10-May-14 13:27:48

Wheredo, no it was Britain First on BBC. I didn't realise the BNP were also running one on channel 5. It must have been the night for racist bollocks then. I thought it was laughable really, the overly dramatic music and the whole 'we're going to be overrun by for ringers' bollocks. I almost feel sorry for anyone who really is so scared by the idea of a multi cultural society. Pathetic.

Rhine Sat 10-May-14 13:30:48

It wasn't on channel 5 it was on BBC1 before Graham Norton came on, I believe it was also shown on ITV at the same time.

Even more scary. I'm not familiar with Britain First, are they a party?

Ploppy16 Sat 10-May-14 13:48:18

Just had a look at their FB page, not so far seeing a difference between them and the BNP at the moment. They've got candidates here for the European Election, along with UKIP, the BNP and some other party of that ilk. We have a high Muslim population in our area so it was sadly inevitable..

Gellihaf Mon 12-May-14 23:22:50

I saw this broadcast in wales on Friday night. The facisim, racism and proper gander made me feel sick. I cannot believed people have such Right-wing views hiding the Facade of politics. Even worse the BBC Broadcast it using the licence fee. Being exposed to this level of facisim, racisim and such right wing views via the BBC in my own home, makes me feel violate an uncomfortable and not safe in my own home. I was so against it content and agenda that I decided on Saturday to mean an official complaint to BBC Wales

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now