Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

I just had a hugely disappointing takeaway and now I'm in a grump

(12 Posts)

It took 13 mins from ordering to arrive...no WAY it was made fresh...cold, tasteless and all over rubbish

Tried ringing them but constantly busy/didn't answer so have emailed and tweeted but it was a V rare treat in an otherwise skint year! So I'm miserable!

What can I make from nesquick powder and tinned fruit to cheer me up wink

TeaAddict235 Sat 03-May-14 21:27:48

I had that happen to me once too, it was a piZza order that I had looked forward to all week as well. It was cold and underdone. The experience put me off ordering from the company in question. arrrg wink

KeepCalmAndLOLKittens Sat 03-May-14 21:28:53

I don't know what you can make but I bloody love your NN.

nikki1978 Sat 03-May-14 21:39:52

I just got delivered the wrong pizza. Called them and they are sending another though. Hate bad takeaway as it is such a treat for me that it had better be decent!

It's so bitterly disappointing isn't it! The leaflet came through the door "fresh, msg free, mmm niceness" and it's a crock of shite! Zing Zing, you have ruined my evening!

Thanks keepcalm grin

restandpeace Sat 03-May-14 21:43:27

Thats shit. Perverse with complaining, might get a decent freebie or refund.

Coconutty Sat 03-May-14 21:47:56

I think you should complain.

MyrtleDove Sat 03-May-14 21:48:57

Ugh I hate a disappointing takeaway.

MymbleBaratheonBendsTheKnee Sat 03-May-14 21:49:17

I had a Chinese last week that I had scrimped for and had looked forward to all week. They're normally fantastic but I think they were particularly busy and all of it was lukewarm sad

MajesticWhine Sat 03-May-14 21:51:11

Definitely complain. You should get a credit for another meal.

Have emailed and tweeted...tbh I don't want another meal...it was that shite!

Sorry mymble it's rubbish!

No reply yet...though I'm not expecting one at 2am wink

I'm still mightily peeved though! I had that horrible attack of the shits where you go hot and cold all over..but are fine after youve been twice sorry tmi .I'm inclined to blame the food though not sure if it was it (though only ate some toast at 10am beforehand) so dont know wether to include that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now