Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Do you save money regularly and what for?

(26 Posts)
littlegreengloworm Sat 03-May-14 20:37:06

I have been really good at saving recently (social life is non existent) and its a comfort to know there is money out aside incase of illness etc,

This is not a stealth boast as overall circumstances aren't great and i have been in poverty so that fear is there. I direct debit out a certain amount weekly and once it's not available I don't spend it. However, if I had a few quid in my purse, It goes ' Poooof '

Do you save for a particular thing eg car, holiday or do you save for later life? Do you direct debit it into a savings account of just do is as and when you can ? ( nosey )

Philoslothy Sun 04-May-14 00:21:22

Save for various things.

The children - uni fees etc. Although they don't know.
Holidays
Garden/ house/ car etc bills
Old age
Wider family. We have paid for weddings, medical bills, house deposits etc and have a pot to do so from, which at the moment is quite depleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now