Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Ridiculously nervous for DH. Please cross anything cross able.

(70 Posts)
EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:13:50

DH is about the get the results of his masters thesis and I'm ridiculously nervous.

He's already had the absolute maximum time he can, and corrections from a 'failed' first submission, so if he doesn't pass this time, then that's it. It all rests on the thesis as it's research focused.

He's really worried he's failed it, not helped by bumping into his tutor the other day who apparently seemed 'shifty and awkward'. I read parts of it, but philosophical history just isn't my area, so no idea if it's any good or not confused

I'm really scared he has failed, but feel so bad for even thinking it. I'm so nervous, I can't corn begin to imagine how he must be feeling.

Anyone with any sage words of advice/hands to squeeze?

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:14:27

Shit. Complete name change fail there. Oh well.

DidoTheDodo Sat 03-May-14 20:15:47

I've crossed my eyes. Huge good luck to your DH.

bumpieonamission Sat 03-May-14 20:15:54

fingers crossed for him

kelda Sat 03-May-14 20:16:58

Fingers crossed too. Did they give him advice when he failed the first thesis?

If the worst came to the worst and he failed the thesis, would he still have a postgraduate diploma?

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:20:35

Thanks all, I've got my toes crossed so hard I'm not sure they'll ever be straight again!

He had advice, and he made much better use of his tutor this time, but they were such big changes the documents barely recognisable from the first submission, so it's hard to know if he's gone too much in the other direction, if that makes any sense?

I don't think he could get a Diploma, sadly sad

Galena Sat 03-May-14 20:21:37

Fingers crossed... when will he know?

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:22:18

And I know in the grand scheme of things a masters isn't the be all and end all, but I hate the thought that all his work over the past couple of years, not to mention the expense, could all be for nothing.

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:23:20

He can get the results online, but won't be able to do so until he's home from work, which should be in the next hour or so.

Coconutty Sat 03-May-14 20:24:39

Fingers crossed here too. Hope he passes.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Sat 03-May-14 20:24:50

Keeping everything crossed

ImeldaMaybeNot Sat 03-May-14 20:25:09

Finger crossed x

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:26:50

Thanks all, I feel so wibbly blush How do you cope with DCs getting exam results?! It must be excruciating!

LizardBreath Sat 03-May-14 20:26:51

Fingers crossed x

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sat 03-May-14 20:29:06

Fingers crossed for him.

EvaBeaversProtege Sat 03-May-14 20:32:29

Thinking of him! I remember checking uni results online & the sick feeling in my tummy!

Everything crossed for him (and you!)

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:33:11

I've just eaten an entire Easter egg trying to distract myself. Now I feel doubly queasy envy

PeanutBitter Sat 03-May-14 20:35:38

>Crossing everything<

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:36:57

Eva I know, it's not all that long since I did my UG and got my results online, but thankfully I knew most of my module marks as they were mostly coursework based, and I basically knew I'd passed, but this is literally all on the thesis shock

Slightly worried about him firing home from work. Got horrible visions of him crashing on the motorway. Can you tell I don't do handling nerves?

prisonerofallisurvey Sat 03-May-14 20:37:14

Legs crossed for you. x

Fingers and everything else crossed for you OP. Such a fraught time.

Syncope Sat 03-May-14 20:38:59

Fingers crossed, hope he's done well.

EduCated Sat 03-May-14 20:39:34

He's back! Update ASAP!

Crossing all sorts of things here, good luck!

PassAFist Sat 03-May-14 20:40:50

Crossing everything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now