Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Dear blonde woman in red buying a ice cream today.......

(51 Posts)
MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:35:09

You know when your fiancée said he wanted a waffle cone and you said 'no, we don't, WE want those' - pointing out the boring ones. Well I have news for you - you were rude to him and he did want a waffle cone.

That's a lovely ring you were flashing around but it's not going to get you very far because his whole body language was screaming that he's just about had enough of you.

Hope you haven't paid for too much of the wedding yet............

RoseberryTopping Sat 03-May-14 19:00:14

At least she was letting them get the same cone. DP went to get us ice creams today and came back with a shitty paper thin wafer cone for me, and a waffle chocolate dipped WITH SPRINKLES ON one for him! You would have had a field day watching our relationship!

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-May-14 19:03:45

Maybe they're saving for the wedding and are meant to be strictly economising? Waffle cones are 10p more expensive.

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 19:06:07

Roseberry - LTB instantly over that! grin

Waffle cones were 20p more here.............

SirNoel Sat 03-May-14 19:06:09

Gawd I hope no one ever makes a snap judgement on mine and DH's relationship based on a snippet of our conversation- they'd have a field day grin

Canthisonebeused Sat 03-May-14 19:07:33

Never google blue waffle grin

AWimbaWay Sat 03-May-14 19:08:40

My Mum bought herself a chocolate dipped waffle cone the other day, she'd bought the rest of us mere un-dipped waffle cones. We were all shock.

FaceDirectionOfTravel Sat 03-May-14 19:13:22

My sister bought herself a cone the other day, nothing for the six other adults or four young children with her. hmm

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-May-14 19:14:42

Can you buy boxes of chocolate dipped waffle cones in any supermarkets? I've seen plain waffle ones but never chocolate ones.

everlong Sat 03-May-14 19:16:09

Christ DH would have said sod off get your own I'm having a waffle.

Just like boyo should have.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 03-May-14 19:16:40

aldi had some yesterday Viva, when I did my shopping.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-May-14 19:18:48

Great, off to Aldi tomorrow now. Thanks.

AnneElkMiss Sat 03-May-14 19:19:36

I want a Mr Whippy now

Waffle cones are the same price as wafers here - AND we're by the seaside! Thankfully OH and I are in agreement that you either have a tub or a waffle cone - wafers just aren't even an option.

MorrisZapp Sat 03-May-14 19:23:25

Oh god that reminds me of the time I was stuck behind a middle aged couple in an airport security queue. The woman berated the man to the point at which he was fighting back tears.

Her main annoyance seemed to be that he had put the wrong shoes on, and couldn't be trusted to wear the right ones. Apparently he had worn the wrong shoes before but failed to learn the error of his ways.

I was utterly aghast.

BoJolly Sat 03-May-14 19:24:32

The last time DH & I were at an ice cream van, I was shouting my order to him from about 20 yards away. There were wasps around the van and there was no way I was going anywhere near them.

I wonder what you would have made of our relationship grin

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 03-May-14 19:30:11

Good lord I dread to think what people have made of the snippets of mine and dp's conversations blush

Inertia Sat 03-May-14 19:30:13

Maybe they only had a limited amount of cash on them and couldn't afford waffle cones ? <clutches at straws>

everlong Sat 03-May-14 19:31:46

The poor bugger Morris!

WickedWitchoftheNorthWest Sat 03-May-14 19:32:32

Maybe he had no cash on him and she had only enough to buy two plain cones and no more?

softlysoftly Sat 03-May-14 19:33:51

[Grin]

That is all

softlysoftly Sat 03-May-14 19:34:05

sad

Fuck

bakewelltartandcustard Sat 03-May-14 19:45:38

My NDN regularly tells off her dh as if he's a naughty child in front of other people. It makes me cringe.
Why would you behave towards your family in a way you never would to complete strangers?

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 21:55:00

I had no idea ice cream was such a relationship minefield.

DameOfCrones Sat 03-May-14 21:58:21

Oh he so DID want a waffle cone, I never have a normal one.

If DH had done that to me pre-marriage I'd have been mentally writing off the reception venue deposit also.

Poor man. I bet she keeps the ring when he finally wakes up and realises he can't live for the next forty years without waffle cones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now