Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Dear blonde woman in red buying a ice cream today.......

(51 Posts)
MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:35:09

You know when your fiancée said he wanted a waffle cone and you said 'no, we don't, WE want those' - pointing out the boring ones. Well I have news for you - you were rude to him and he did want a waffle cone.

That's a lovely ring you were flashing around but it's not going to get you very far because his whole body language was screaming that he's just about had enough of you.

Hope you haven't paid for too much of the wedding yet............

Joules68 Sat 03-May-14 18:40:37

Well you don't know the history/back story

RobinSparkles Sat 03-May-14 18:42:09

They might have just had a row and she was being petty.

They're probably loves young dream the rest of the time!

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-May-14 18:42:54

Mmmm, well I know its noones business but I can't imagine any back story which would make me tell dh he couldn't have a waffle cone and had to have an ordinary one.

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:42:57

Nope all I know is the story of their backs grin and let me tell you it was one unhappy story!

Falconi Sat 03-May-14 18:43:12

Did they have a child?

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:43:57

Nope, no child. Just them.

moobaloo Sat 03-May-14 18:44:37

Hate seeing this sort of thing. Yes it may be explained with back story etc, but I think no matter how you justify it that was downright rude and you shouldn't treat your other half/dp/fiancée or anyone like that.

Falconi Sat 03-May-14 18:45:02

And why he didn't insist on his waffle cone anyway?

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:45:24

To be serious - I know damn well that if it had been the woman wanting the waffle cone and the man rudely over-ruling her and saying they HAD to have the same (why?) then we'd all be saying ltb wouldn't we? It WAS amusing to earwig on but also not very nice.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 03-May-14 18:45:56

Bloody hell, I really hope you're my nearest Ikea on Monday. We have to go, and I'd love you to analyse my whole marriage based on what horrific behaviour we might display during our visit. I know I'll tell DH he doesn't want a hotdog when he says he does.

Canthisonebeused Sat 03-May-14 18:45:59

Maybe she has just about had enough of his compulsive spending sending them into financial ruin and thought a plain cone was a good place to start in reigning it all back under control.

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:46:10

He just went quiet and stood their in silence till she told him to pick up his cone. So I can surmise WHY he didn't insist.

GeraldineFangedVagine Sat 03-May-14 18:47:05

Maybe waffle cones bring out the homicidal maniac in him and she was saving herself, you and the ice cream server from being brutally murdered in an obscene and novel way with waffle cones and several large scoops of tutti frutti.

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:48:21

Oh Ikea is relationship watching heaven! We went once with a another couple we know - priceless as we were all SO nice to our spouses as we went round and then dh assisted bloke friend loading tons in to the car (which was too small for everything they'd bought) whilst pregnant woman friend and I took dc to play. All around us were couples auditioning for Jeremy Kyle and we were all lovely and calm grin. I should do that everytime we go!

SirChenjin Sat 03-May-14 18:48:32

Had you hung about long enough OP you would have seen him hitting her over the head with the ice cream in its boring cone and catching the bus home on his own, with a big grin on his face grin

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:49:39

grin

Judging by what was said as they walked away he will have eaten his cone in sullen silence whilst she said 'what's wrong' on an endless loop.....

GeraldineFangedVagine Sat 03-May-14 18:51:06

Maybe my ice cream murder will come true after all in that case.

maras2 Sat 03-May-14 18:52:24

I've no idea what a waffle cone is but it sounds lush.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 03-May-14 18:53:14

I only tried a waffle cone last year and they're so much better, especially the choclate dipped ones.

Cuteypatootey Sat 03-May-14 18:53:35

Wow. Are you annoyed because she has a big ring?

CointreauVersial Sat 03-May-14 18:54:01

They sound very much like my DM and DSDad.

They've been married for 40 years now.

SirChenjin Sat 03-May-14 18:54:08

Waffle cones are the best - once you taste them you'll completely understand why the fiance wanted one.

HavannaSlife Sat 03-May-14 18:54:48

Why on earth would you dictate what type of ice cream cone your oh had? Unless it gives him the shits and you have to listen to him moaning about it all of the next day ( like dp with kebab)

MrsMaturin Sat 03-May-14 18:55:01

Yes it was very nice. I had one. AND bought dh one. Tbh I said 'two WAFFLE cones please' with considerable relish and got a grin from the guy serving.......he saw the front view of this little drama.

Did I mention that he was sort of pointing at the waffle cone and she just about (but not quite) smacked his pointing figure down as she laid down the cone terms.......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now