Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What is everyone doing today ?

(66 Posts)
Lilaclily Sat 03-May-14 08:52:28

so far supposedly cleaning the kitchen
Tackling the Washing mountain
Dh just left for work
Getting dcs some fresh air at some point

Greenwich park! smile

We're taking ds3 to a cardiac screening clinic, nothing wrong with him just a precautionary measure, have done it with the older ds's.

Family birthday party tonight so I've got ti buy something as I have nothing suitable.

Loads of washing to put on line and the house is a tip.

*nothing suitable to wear.

TonyThePony Sat 03-May-14 08:59:35

Post (and pre) night shift sleeping.

Goodnight all smile

kimlo Sat 03-May-14 08:59:40

We are going to the kids club at the pictures, then going shopping for shoes.

Ledkr Sat 03-May-14 09:00:58

I am having a nice lunch in my garden with sine friends including the notorious getorf much wine will be consumed grin
Mixed meats, potato salad,baked Camembert olives etc.

FauxFox Sat 03-May-14 09:03:27

Garden stuff - mowing, tidying and getting some strawberry plants grin

ThinkIveBeenHacked Sat 03-May-14 09:03:51

Attending a wedding. I am giddy, known the bride since we were eleven and met the Groom when they got together eleven years ago grin

Eeeeek!!!

Oh and its child free so DDs off for a sleepover at Nannas and dh and I are staying at the venue.

gutted2014 Sat 03-May-14 09:04:14

DH left at 7.30am to go to a football match with friends 120 miles away, should be back around 10pm.

DS3 has been awake since 4.15am (well, he's been sleeping on me a bit)

So, I have all 3 DSes (5, 3, 10 weeks) on my own all day, I'm quite nervous! My Dad has taken DS1 to football practice and I'll probably head round there for when they're back (about 10.30am) & stay for the morning. Then maybe soft play this afternoon as have free play vouchers that need using up.

Spinaroo Sat 03-May-14 09:05:10

Washing. Bleugh!
Doing four club runs. Bleeeuugh!
Going for coffee and cake with mum- every week grin
Chilling with wine, TV and M&S food grin grin

lucysmam Sat 03-May-14 09:06:24

Cooking bacon, eggs, beans and sausages for us all in a mo.

The kids are currently watching Youtube on the tablet, dp has vanished upstairs hmm

He's off to footy in a bit, I think. Dd1 has homework, we're off for a walk to Lidl and nana's & at some point I will tackle the washing.

Spinaroo Sat 03-May-14 09:08:24

Much as my Saturday sounds good, I think yours sounds even more appealing Thinkivebeenhacked. Enjoy!

ginmakesitallok Sat 03-May-14 09:10:16

Dp is taking dd2 to a birthday party, I'll take dd1 to dance class, lunch then kids to dmil a and we're off to the football.

Eminybob Sat 03-May-14 09:10:49

Waiting in for deliveries.

Today we have coming:
Nursery furniture
Pram
A shed

Ok the last one is boring, but I'm so giddy about the others. Just finished painting the nursery so we'll be able to have it all looking lovely by the end of the day!

DD1 & DH are at her foorball practice. DD2 has watched telly, done some random cutting & sticking and is getting ready to go out and jump on the trampoline. I am contemplating a shower and putting off getting started on DD2's troll costume for her end of term dance show tomorrow...

Working sad

Our little boy has been awake since 2:30 am which means I have been too. I brought him downstairs at 6am so MrsMicro2 could get a bit of sleep so once she's awake I'll probably make her a bacon and egg sandwich, cup of coffee and head to bed for a couple of hours.
Also have washing to do and should head out for a nice walk in the sunshine at some point.

Trooperslane Sat 03-May-14 09:16:43

It's my birthday smile

I am feeling bittersweet as it's the first one without my DM who died 3 weeks ago today.

I have, however been thoroughly spoiled already today by DH and the very advanced 8mo dd who's managed to buy me the new pixies album on iTunes wink and I'm going to a totally amazing spa for the day.

DH and DD are meeting me afterwards for many cocktails and then DH is cooking.

It will be lovely and I'm so in need of a pamper and to think happy thoughts rather than sad ones.

Many cricket related activities, first weekend of many!
Working in the middle on laptop.
Drinking wine, eating healthy SW friendly good ignoring the syn value of wine completely and watching BGT and then Breaking Bad later on.

On last six episodes so possibly a marathon of BB....

Happy bday troopers and thanks for that and for your mum.

MyGastIsFlabbered Sat 03-May-14 09:19:02

Playing steel pan in the Children's parade, then shopping for a dress for my birthday party (no I'm not 5!) then lunch with my brother

DH is at work
Dd has gone into school for a revision session
Ds2 is about to go to football training
Ds1 is muttering about going to the gym although he hasn't moved off the sofa yet.
I have hung 2 lots of washing on the line and I am about to start cleaning the kitchen.

Joyful.

LaFataTurchina Sat 03-May-14 09:23:55

Need to hurry up and get dressed and then go meet my best friends for coffee and crepes. One of them is leaving to go to NZ for a year for an amazinf job but will be missing my wedding in a few months. So a kind of happy/sad occasion.

Ooh have fun MyGast - I used to love doing the children's parade, my favourite was the year mum made me into a giant papermache cup of coke and my brother into a popcorn container (theme was 100 years of cinema that year)

tantrum you have shamed me into getting up.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now