Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Opinions on this person please

(69 Posts)
GiveTwoSheets Fri 02-May-14 19:29:19

Moved into a close mainly with families of primary school children about 3years ago at most only says a passing hello to some of the neighbours, (small town) whereas everyone else on the close are very chatty with each other, appears to be a single parent, has very few visitors and when they do vist they stay at least a few days. Always having deliveries of some sorts. Has been know that the curtains are drawn for days at a time and you don't see her or the little one.
Oh an has complained about her immediate neighbours for noise on more than one occasion.

So based on that can I ask your opinions on this person are they some kind of unfriendly weirdo?

Frogisatwat Fri 02-May-14 19:30:45

Wind your neck in I would say.

WhistleTopTomato Fri 02-May-14 19:32:34

In my opinion, no - but to be honest I have no idea what time any one of my neighbours opens or closes their curtains and I could not even hazard a guess at whether any of my neighbours has had anything delivered to their home or had any visitors (either short term or overnight) in all the time I've lived here. Because I don't care and it's none of my business. I have no opinion of any of my neighbours, apart from the ones who call their cat really loudly.

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Fri 02-May-14 19:33:49

Erm, what?

She is a weirdo because she gets deliveries and sometimes keeps her blinds shut? hmm

Stop curtain-twitching for a minute OP and have a wine, it's Friday night!

rootypig Fri 02-May-14 19:34:00

Based on your OP, I would say you're unfriendly. HTH.

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 19:35:02

hmm
sounds strange and stalkerish.... and i'm not talking about your neighbour.

....they could be vampires.....

mrssmith79 Fri 02-May-14 19:35:19

Is this a reverse?

WhistleTopTomato Fri 02-May-14 19:35:48

Surely this is a reverse and OP is the "unfriendly weirdo"?

EasterSundaySimmons Fri 02-May-14 19:36:03

Poor woman being the object of a sticky beak neighbour.

She sounds like me, I say hello to everyone in my close and I wave as I drive past but I don't go any further than that and I am a shopoholic and have lots of home deliveries.

I'm not adjoining to anyone but if I was disturbed by excessive noise I would complain.

What is your problem?

PrincessBabyCat Fri 02-May-14 19:37:30

Yes. She's probably planning to murder you. It's the only logical explanation.

Primadonnagirl Fri 02-May-14 19:40:10

Opinions please.I am a lone parent and have recently moved into a close full of families. I feel I don't fit in and as a result keep myself to myself. I have various health problems which mean I can't get about much so I heavily rely on internet shopping. I also suffer from migraines and can't tolerate light or sound easily.

I hear there a neighbour gossiping on social media about me.So based on that can I ask your opinions on this person are they some kind of unfriendly weirdo?grin

Purpleroxy Fri 02-May-14 19:43:21

It's best to be on polite "hello" terms with neighbours IMO. No more. So she's got that right.

Perhaps she keeps her curtains shut at the front of the property because the other residents of the close are nosy buggers.

I cannot imagine what business of anybody's her visitors are. Unless they are parking in someone else's driveway or something?

Ditto deliveries. Unless the deliveries are in the middle of the night and contain something illegal.

This is a strange thread.

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 19:44:16

Are the packages coffin shaped?

eddielizzard Fri 02-May-14 19:48:37

sounds like my perfect neighbour.

This is a reverse post, isn't it?

CooCooCachoo Fri 02-May-14 19:50:27

Some people don't need to be a part of the everyday lives of those around them.

I have overbearing, nosy and often noisy neighbours......I think I could be your weird neighbour.....

AlpacaYourThings Fri 02-May-14 19:52:11

Umm, no not un friendly or a weirdo at all.

Sometimes I don't open my curtains, my husband likes a takeaway every now and then.

I am not interested in making friends with my neighbours.

Are you referring to yourself in the OP?

MrsDeVere Fri 02-May-14 19:52:45

Is this about you OP?
If it is, no I don't think you are weird and I think your neigbours should mind their own.

MiniatureRailway Fri 02-May-14 19:55:54

I'd say she is probably quite private and either feels a bit excluded by you all or has no interest in joining in the local gossip. It's probably not personal, I'm a bit like this, my neighbours have all lives here for many years and are friendly but there are always dramas and gossiping and fallings out and it's all a bit Eastenders so I say hello and am polite and then stay far away from it all. The less they know about me the less they can gossip about. I also have a lot of deliveries because I shop a lot. grin

shadypines Fri 02-May-14 19:59:46

has complained about her immediate neighbours for noise on more than one occasion.

confused and this makes her a weirdo because......?

Get a grip OP.

neiljames77 Fri 02-May-14 20:00:46

I have been known to close the curtains during the daytime.

havenever Fri 02-May-14 20:05:03

This has to be reverse?

the person described, does not sound in anyway weird at all

MrsDeVere Fri 02-May-14 20:05:38

I have been known to close the curtains during the daytime

I do that just to annoy Tories

AlpacaYourThings Fri 02-May-14 20:11:05

Do Tories hate curtains being closed?

If so, will this stop them from knocking on my door during election campaigns? <hopeful>

neiljames77 Fri 02-May-14 20:15:08

Primadonnagirl
Get all your "plants" in bin bags and get rid sharpish. Someone's onto you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now