Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Do your children play yellow car slap?

(74 Posts)
dingit Fri 02-May-14 15:39:24

Two slaps for a yellow mini in our house. Dd even texts slaps if she's not with us.
We realised it was getting a bit out of hand when we had a romantic break without the kids in Palma, sitting on the balcony with amazing views, playing you've guessed it, yellow car slap.

RufusTheReindeer Fri 02-May-14 15:42:16

Nope, we punch for any yellow car

It's incredibly distracting if you are trying to drive the car and someone whacks you!

We have banned it now as by Christ can my kids punch!!!!

And there seems to be loads of yellow cars around

Elysianfields Fri 02-May-14 15:44:22

We bash here - yellow car bash. And me and my exdh played it long after the kids had got tired of it!

My dsis used to drive a yellow beetle and did wonder why groups of kids could be seen hitting each other as she drove past.

BurdenedWithGloriousPurpose Fri 02-May-14 15:45:00

Last person to say yellow car gets a punch from the first person to say it.

It's banned now. We stopped the punching as hitting is bad - so said my children, personally the punching was my favourite part. We then did points but there were many arguments/accusations of cheating.

GreenMonth Fri 02-May-14 15:47:35

DS has ASD and can be violent so we would never play a game that involves hitting. We do play yellow car, but voice only. We also spot Fiat 500s and once in a blue moon we see a yellow Fiat 500 which is huge excitement.

DH and I do it even when the kids aren't around blush We were on the bus a little while ago and thought we were being discreet until the woman opposite started to nod at us whenever she could a yellow car coming grin

SpringBreak Fri 02-May-14 15:48:50

we get points for yellow cars. No violence. I had no idea it was such a thing! (have you noticed the increased number of yellow cars recently?!)

could see a yellow car coming*

iseenodust Fri 02-May-14 15:50:42

Never heard of it but play 'snooker' so need each colour car (or a Sainsbury lorry) in sequence.

JustSquirted Fri 02-May-14 15:51:23

We get points for a mini and punch for any yellow car.

dingit Fri 02-May-14 15:53:04

Disclaimer, my dc are old enough to know not to slap hard. Me and dh on the other hand...

cosysocks Fri 02-May-14 15:53:20

We have yellow car no returns and porch and mini punches! Oh and doubles on reg plates. Drives me crazy!

haggisaggis Fri 02-May-14 15:53:38

my kids do - although I find the slapping distracting. Also play sweet and sour - they wave at passing cars and a wave back means that driver's "sweet" and if they don't they're "sour" . (ds played that one once wearing a horse head mask - that was fun!)

MrsSteptoe Fri 02-May-14 15:54:42

We just say yellow car. And bet on how many we're going to see if we're going on a motorway journey.

dingit Fri 02-May-14 15:56:11

Dh played Porsche spotting on a coach trip with ds to distract him from feeling travel sick. As we are in Germany at the time, we saw a lot.
Sadly it didn't work in Austria, the roads were too twisty, and he did a full English barf blush

TalkinPeace Fri 02-May-14 15:56:58

No, because we'd all end up really bruised
(own a yellow car)

spamm Fri 02-May-14 15:59:25

No - we grew up in Switzerland, so we played Green 2CV Pinch when we were kids.

I then introduced my DH to it and we have been doing it since we started dating. Very Very rare now, as there are less 2CVs and few green ones. Also, we live in the US - which makes it practically imposible.

But if we are ever in London on holiday and driving through the Clapham Common area, we both know there is one that is often parked on the south side of the common, and we prepare to drive past it - we used to live around there and it was a big rivalry.

I need to introduce DS to Yellow Car Snap, so we can have this in our lives again!

chemenger Fri 02-May-14 16:00:36

We started with points - one for yellow, two for purple, three for orange and four for pink when the children were small. This mutated into yellow car bash which we will probably play until we are all dead. We did fiat 500 bash/Smart car slap when we were in Rome, with one for a basic 500 or smart car, two for an original 500, and an extra for anything that was yellow, all pretty bruised by the end of that.

BumPotato Fri 02-May-14 16:02:00

We just play "banana". You see a yellow car first and you shout banana. The person with the most bananas at the end of the journey or day wins.

BumPotato Fri 02-May-14 16:02:34

We know how to live, oh yes.

chemenger Fri 02-May-14 16:05:25

TalkinPeace We had a yellow car when we started playing, everybody knows your own car doesn't count, it's in the official rules.

Ludways Fri 02-May-14 16:20:41

I've never heard of it but as my first car was a yellow mini I'm thrilled to know I left a wake of violence in my path. I feel powerful!!

MissisBee Fri 02-May-14 16:21:44

Dsis and I play yellow mini doink. If we're both passengers we tend to slap, but not if I'm driving. It's one point for a yellow car, one for a mini (but you have to say mini doink, although I can't remember why) and 5 points for a yellow mini. Vans and lorries don't count.

BrokenToeOuch Fri 02-May-14 16:30:18

Yellow car - tap, mini - pinch, pink car - punch. all done lightly, though we're bored of it as someone introduced it to my dc about 4 years ago so rarely play anymore. And yes, I frequently used to pinch my friends who were passengers in the car forgetting there were no dc about!

In Ireland we play yellow reg. Our reg plates are white so you got a punch if you saw a "forrin" one and were the last to shout it out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now