Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

My 6 year old is at WORK...

(18 Posts)
PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 12:27:12

They grow up so fast grin
He went to work with DH this morning, they are fitting a new bathroom in someone house.
I'm not sure weather I should be pleased or running in fear of the child labour laws.

stubbornstains Fri 02-May-14 12:28:29

Just make sure he turns most of his wages over to you for his keep grin.

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 12:35:38

Too right, He has to learn that 2 of the £3 he's getting belongs to other people, I'll call it emergency tax.

onetiredmummy Fri 02-May-14 12:37:01

Hahaha there will be some strutting when he gets home!

Can you invent a couple of things in the bathroom that need 'fixing' & watch him burst with pride when he does smile

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 02-May-14 12:37:14

Dh took ds in to work a few Sundays when ds was about 7, his favourite bit was when the men in the staff room made him tea with sugar and gave him biscuits. He still mentions it now and he's 13 grin

TheAbominableWoman Fri 02-May-14 12:39:47

You're a much more benevolent parent than I. My DD had her first paid employment at 8 weeks of age. That's almost 6 years of earnings you've missed out on grin

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 12:40:03

I've just had an update smile

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 12:43:35

Dh took ds in to work a few Sundays when ds was about 7, his favourite bit was when the men in the staff room made him tea with sugar and gave him biscuits. He still mentions it now and he's 13

awe, that will shatter when he does his work experiance. He'll probably be making tea for everyone.

You're a much more benevolent parent than I. My DD had her first paid employment at 8 weeks of age. That's almost 6 years of earnings you've missed out on

Your right, I've been very slow catching on with this haven't i.

HypodeemicNerdle Fri 02-May-14 12:44:09

Aww that's so cute!
My 7yr old DS would be very jealous, that would be his ideal day

TereseaGreen Fri 02-May-14 12:49:46

DS loves going to work with DH. His favourite bit is stopping at a butty van for some type of greasy monstrosity and sigining with the windows down.
He never wants to come to work with me sad. My office is boring apparently as I wont let him race/spin the chairs or photocopy his backside.

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 13:01:42

My office is boring apparently as I wont let him race/spin the chairs or photocopy his backside.

Lmao, that's understandable, there's not much todo in mine either. even I find my office boring.

S loves going to work with DH. His favourite bit is stopping at a butty van for some type of greasy monstrosity and sigining with the windows down.

I'm taking an "ask no questions" approach to what he's seen done or eaten.

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 13:11:01

Can you invent a couple of things in the bathroom that need 'fixing' & watch him burst with pride when he does

I never thought of this, what a great idea.

TereseaGreen Fri 02-May-14 13:11:31

I think its probably for the best Pirate grin
I must admit, I do occasional have a spin on my chair if no one else is around. blush

RobinSparkles Fri 02-May-14 13:14:59

Aw!

I have a photograph of a 3 year old DD1 sat at a desk in DH's office with one of DH's protective hats on. She looks all important and CEO like. grin
She's now 6.

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 13:42:36

That sounds adorable smile

My lads had a day at work with their dad over the easter hols. They chatted with the blokes in the builders yard, who gave them biscuits, then they loaded roofing tiles on a hoist, then they went to the caff for a fry up. Then they went back to the customers house and played football with her kids and ate more biscuits. Easily the best day of the holidays according to them!

PirateJones Fri 02-May-14 20:54:03

Just thought i'd let people know he loved it.
I’ve looked into taxation laws, turns out I can’t take anything from him.wink

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Fri 02-May-14 20:57:12

There's no minimum wage for under 16s is there?

Reclaim your tax that way <evil>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now