Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Can anyone tell me what the sizing of the Girl Guides uniform is like?

(11 Posts)
schilke Fri 02-May-14 12:26:01

Dd1 has just moved up to Guides. The Brownies uniform was a disaster - leggings that were huge on the waist just to fit right on the leg! She is 140cm and a slim build. If I get the 30" t shirt and hoodie, will that be ok? She has a 30" Brownies hoodie that only just fits - shrank terribly in the wash.

WaitMonkey Fri 02-May-14 12:42:19

Yes, the uniforms are terrible. I only have Brownies/Rainbows, but I'd assume the guide's would be the same. Massively big, but then shrink loads. sad

Starlingsintheslipstream Fri 02-May-14 12:45:28

Go as big as you can get away with. Hoodie definitely doesn't wash well, dds has shrunk badly, polo shirt I found wasn't too bad.

ImpatientOne Fri 02-May-14 12:46:58

I'm an adult leader and all of our stuff is very big in the chest/waist but short in length so I assume the kids stuff is the same. I have items that range from size 10 to 16 that fit me at the moment (high st size 12/14) - I even buy the large kids stuff when they are the same design as it saves the VAT & still fits me.

A slight plea to please buy through your unit or local depot as the money goes back into Guiding - usually you get a discount too and you can return things smile

schilke Fri 02-May-14 12:49:46

Thanks - I think I'll go bigger then!
ImpatientOne - I didn't realise that and will buy through the unit.
I noticed there's a new uniform coming out in September...typical!

ImpatientOne Fri 02-May-14 13:27:43

Oh I didn't know about new stuff - off to have a look if there's any previews...

ImpatientOne Fri 02-May-14 13:31:45

Oh by the way unless your unit is run by old dragons I would wait for the new stuff. Our Guides are very hit and miss with uniform and we understand that they grow out of stuff and not conforming is all part of growing up! I'd be tempted to get a cheap navy hoodie or t-shirt for the summer and get the new stuff in September. You may even be able to borrow something until then smile

springandbunnies Fri 02-May-14 13:52:47

Have just bought rainbows outfit is so big on the waists of trousers and shorts

WaitMonkey Fri 02-May-14 14:08:46

Anyone any links to the new Brownies uniform, please ?

DinoSnores Fri 02-May-14 14:17:34

There's no new Brownie uniform, just Guides. There are no preview pictures available yet but there will be in the summer. The existing uniform continues to be uniform, there are just going to be some things added.

WaitMonkey Fri 02-May-14 14:45:53

Thanks Dino.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now