Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

What are you not looking forward to today & what are you looking forward to?

(45 Posts)
Lilaclily Fri 02-May-14 06:50:33

I'm not looking forward to an interview today
My stomach has been churning all night sad

I am looking forward to it all being over & wine tonight

And a long weekend to get over a stressful week

I'd be so happy to get the job but already planning how to cheer myself up if I don't

Beaverfeaver2 Fri 02-May-14 06:53:11

Good luck in your interview.

I'm not looking forward to how busy I expect my day to be.

I am looking forward to catching up with friends after work for a few drinks

I'm looking forward to a day on the couch. I'm 30weeks PG with DC2 and DD is going to nursery while I have a day off! There isn't anything I'm not looking forward to! Hope your interview goes ok, I hate that churning feeling!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 02-May-14 06:59:57

Going to work. (Surprise year 10 pe cover, yay)
Coming home. Bed and From dusk til dawn series.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 02-May-14 07:00:45

Oh good luck op.

TheresASnakeInMyBoot Fri 02-May-14 07:06:05

Good luck with your interview!

I'm not looking forward to trying to meet an external deadline I'd forgotten about until yesterday whilst teaching 4 out of 5 lessons today.

After work though I'm meeting up with a friend I've not seen for months for dinner, that should be fun!

ICallASpadeATrowel Fri 02-May-14 07:08:28

Good luck OP!

I'm looking forward to walking the dog

I'm not looking forward to going in a hot tub as I have ocd and it is my idea of hell

oohdaddypig Fri 02-May-14 07:08:54

I'm bridesmaid today - it will be a beautiful day.

Only thing is I'm 7 weeks pregnant and so so sick. We haven't told anyone (previous m/c) I don't know how I'm going to get through the day - I just want to stay in bed hmm

I'm looking forward to midnight when I can collapse back into bed.

Best of luck OP!!

CalamityJones Fri 02-May-14 07:09:33

Looking forward to taking dd to the library for music class followed by choosing this week's books and dvd

Not looking forward to a dog walk in the rain

My life. Rock and fucking roll!

PasswordProtected Fri 02-May-14 07:09:33

I have a telephone interview today, but I am looking forward to that.
My car is being serviced and MOTed, I know it will pass, but I am not looking forward to the bill very much.

LtEveDallas Fri 02-May-14 07:10:10

Good luck for your interview. Breathe. Be yourself and smile and look interested.

Not looking fwd to going to work - something horrible happened yesterday and it's going to be talked about and post mortem'd all day sad

Looking fwd to coming home and ordering a Chinese meal, eating it in my PJs and making crazy loom bracelets with DD. Anything other than work, really.

holfin Fri 02-May-14 07:11:34

Looking forward to a day off work with DD. Not looking forward to a medical appointment I have to take her too.

TartanRug Fri 02-May-14 07:16:19

Not looking forward to anything today as it'll be a crazy busy day. I'm looking forward to going to bed tonight because I'm so exhausted.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Fri 02-May-14 07:16:26

Looking forward to going to the gym.

Not looking forward to figuring out my diary for a new project.

Tabby1963 Fri 02-May-14 07:18:57

Lilaclily, good luck today and please let us know how you got on.

Oohdaddypig, contrats on your pregnancy, fingers crossed for you today. Have you tried ginger (biscuits or tea) to relieve nausea? Dry toast is supposed to settle the tummy too.

Today I am driving to see my parents. Dad, who is terminally ill with cancer, had an episode last Sunday and had to be taken to hospital. Happily he is back home now and I have got a day off today and Monday to pop down and offer support to them both. It is a six-seven hour drive though and although I am now driving a really comfy car and will stop off at my favourite service station about half way down for a coffee AND will be able to sing to all my favourite songs as loudly and badly as I like in private grin, it is still going to be a long, long drive.

Strangely, the drive back home is always easier.

sillymillyb Fri 02-May-14 07:19:08

I'm not looking forward to dropping ds off at nursery - it's only his 2nd week and he is screaming blue murder and so clingy the rest of the time.

I'm looking forward to sleeping for 2 hours while ds is at afore mentioned nursery.... It's a double edged sword at the moment!

Lilaclily Fri 02-May-14 07:28:05

Thanks everyone & any tips gratefully received !
Good luck password

nochips Fri 02-May-14 07:32:45

Not looking forward to a deadline at work either as I am not feeling very well and am struggling with it.

Can't think off hand of anything i am looking forward to, as teh deadline is looming over everything!

littlemisssarcastic Fri 02-May-14 07:36:26

Not looking forward to getting out of bed. Am typing this from my bed with stinging eyes because I'm so tired

Am looking forward to having an early night hopefully. grin

Everything in between will be fine today. grin

TheFantasticMrsFox Fri 02-May-14 07:40:05

I am looking forward to going to bed (just finished my last in a run of nights)
I am not looking forward to the news I fear I am about to get from the garage about my car sad

CMP69 Fri 02-May-14 07:40:32

Good luck with the interview smile
Not looking forward to work but looking forward to going to see HR about my new job and going out with my friend for food drinks and gossip tonightgrin wine wine

KateSpade Fri 02-May-14 07:49:52

Good luck with the Interview! Fingers crossed for you,

I'm not looking forward to going to work - because all the other staff leave at 12.30 apart from directors, ect & I have to stay till 5, with no-one to chat to/no work to do - best get some magazines in!

I am looking forward to finishing work & applying for other jobs,

Mordirig Fri 02-May-14 07:56:12

I am looking forward to completing on our house today and picking up the keys.
I am not looking forward to having to listen to why we won't be completing today, god I hate solicitors! <bound to happen>.

wannabesedated Fri 02-May-14 07:56:20

I am not looking forward to wrangling DD through the bathroom in five minutes' time because yesterday she dug her heels in at every single stage of getting ready and we both ended up crying. blush I am looking forward to coming home while she's at nursery, sticking my feet up on the sofa and catching up on Masterchef because I have nothing urgent to do! Also to the halloumi and roast veg I'm going to eat later.

Trooperslane Fri 02-May-14 08:05:01

Looking forward to taking dd to her music class, catching up with Mummy friends and then seeing work friends later.

Starting my birthday week celebrations tonight and dreaming about the spa day I'm on tomorrow

I hope for a better year - last year was amazing and horrifically sad and stressful at the same time.

<reflecting face>

Good luck in the interview op and congrats to those knocked up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now