Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Hairdresser has made me feel like crap (and so has dh now)

(79 Posts)
Loopylouu Fri 28-Feb-14 12:26:26

MIL bought me a voucher for a hairdresser in town as I am 35 weeks pregnant and feel like crap.

Anyway, the hairdresser spent the whole time telling me what terrible condition my hair was in, how much grey I had, how I shouldn't wait a year in-between cuts.

FFS, my hair looks awful when I am pregnant, I haven't died it as I have had non stop sickness since I was about ten seconds after conception and I simply can't afford the going rate of £70 for a fucking trim more than once a year.

Then they started on the usual track of how they knew people who had still born babies etc, wasn't I worried, and about how they were never going to have babies as they didn't want to get so fat - it went on and on. I ignored them mostly and just read the internet on my phone.

TBH, I have always hated the hairdresser for the fact that I hate sitting in front of the full length mirrors, but I hadn't realised just how awful I looked. I looked so huge all I could see were my horrible fat legs and fat, pasty face. With all the stupid comments on top I felt like crap coming out.

Then dh emailed me to ask if I'd finished. So I told him what briefly happened and that I felt a bit crap about myself now and he has phoned and had a go at me, saying I was weak and why didn't I stand up for myself, tell them to shut up, demand a refund, that I can't even go for a simple haircut without it turning into a huge drama, he takes it that as I'm upset I'll ruin the weekend (?).

Christ, all I wanted was 'oh, that's crap what a pair of cows' but no, it's me who has the problem.

I was only telling him what happened and somehow its all my fault. He says I never tell him anything and this is why, everything that happens is somehow my fault in the end. I give up.

Loopylouu Fri 28-Feb-14 12:27:47

And yes, now I am upset, but not at a couple of daft young girls a the hairdresser, but at him, for again turning things round so that they are my fault and I am the one in the wrong.

WipsGlitter Fri 28-Feb-14 12:28:44

Change hairdressers.

But that is crap. I hate it when a treat is spoilt.

Put it behind you do you like the end result.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Fri 28-Feb-14 12:29:27

Ack christ! Go and have a hot chocolate and give yourself a break.

Perhaps don't speak to anyone today as they all appear to be wankers grin

Are you happy with your hair though?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Fri 28-Feb-14 12:29:59

Some hairdressers really are tactless. So are husbands at times!

She sounds like a right cow to me, I wouldn't go back there if I was you.

MissMilbanke Fri 28-Feb-14 12:30:41

hairdressers always talk crap.

Ignore them and enjoy the rest of your day swishing your hair about.

Bingbongbinglybunglyboo Fri 28-Feb-14 12:33:12

Oh my lovey, fuck the lot of them. If it makes you better I am very very pregnant and look like a big fat bag of shit. My hair looks awfull, my skin looks crap, am waddling.

I bet you don't look as bad as you feel. Even if you do who cares, you are soooo pregnant. No one should be mean to pregnant people who will shortly be birthing a baby. Not some shit of a hairdresser nor some insensitive husband. Do what I did this morning, go and buy not one but 2 massive cakes and eat them with loads of cups of tea. Then have a nap. Then watch some day time tv. Will be ok, I promise.

Loopylouu Fri 28-Feb-14 12:33:26

I've never been to that one before, MIL lives a million miles away, so she picked one online that was nearest the car park. I won't go there again.

Yes, cut is fine, but I think I look like the ugliest thing on the planet at the moment so it's hard to tell if it looks good or not.

I fucking hate my husband at the moment though. He was really nasty about it.

UnicornCrisps Fri 28-Feb-14 12:33:37

What the fuck, your husband reacted ridiculously. You weren’t being dramatic, he was. Ignore everything the hairdressers said, do you like your new hair?

UnicornCrisps Fri 28-Feb-14 12:34:26

Is he always so nasty?

caketinrosie Fri 28-Feb-14 12:34:53

That is the shittiest thing ever. not quite but I feel your pain hairdressers are renowned for making you feel crisp about yourself it's what you pay for, honestly if I could take my head off and drop it off with them then pick it up later I would. I never find one that doesn't annoy me in some way. Tell dh to shove it up his ass. His comments are mean and I get why you're mad with him. I can't see at all how any of it c

caketinrosie Fri 28-Feb-14 12:35:20

Oops comes down to you!

Loopylouu Fri 28-Feb-14 12:35:55

I am so fucked off with him for making it my fault. I don't have any friends so it's not like I could have just sent someone a text to let off steam, i really thought my husband would have sympathised with me, not make me feel even worse.

And now I am sat here crying like an idiot.

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Fri 28-Feb-14 12:37:00

Nooooo don't cry! He's a twat, yes, but don't let it spoil your day.

What cheers you up? Could you go to the cinema?

caketinrosie Fri 28-Feb-14 12:37:24

Ha ha *feeling shit not feeling crisp ha ha

Loopylouu Fri 28-Feb-14 12:39:07

Yes, he's often like this. But then, he thinks he is the most perfect person in the world. I wish I hadn't said anything about it to him now, I could kick myself.

UnicornCrisps Fri 28-Feb-14 12:39:23

It couldn’t be less your fault! Spend the rest of the day making yourself happy and ignore him.

DizzyKipper Fri 28-Feb-14 12:39:58

sad What arseholes.

caketinrosie Fri 28-Feb-14 12:40:08

Don't cry!! Honestly, you really need to do something nice for yourself to lift your mood. I second the two cakes snd a bath suggestion. Anything to make you feel good. cake cake thanks

kotinka Fri 28-Feb-14 12:42:39

grrrr, moronic nasty comments from hairdressers, H being unsympathetic fucker, have some wine & cake & feck em.

amicissimma Fri 28-Feb-14 12:44:00

No, don't cry.

Stand proud and tall.

I can't remember where I heard it, but I always think of this when I see a pregnant woman:

"A woman with child is like a ship in full sail."

Sail on, Loopylouu. Weather the storms.

SomethingOriginal Fri 28-Feb-14 12:44:41

I did wonder if feeling crisp was a new phrase I'd missed out on

Two cakes seems a good answer in any case smile

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of hairdressers either... and that's without being pregnant

kotinka Fri 28-Feb-14 12:45:06

oooer, make that ribena, not wine!

Ragglefrock Fri 28-Feb-14 12:46:58

Why haven't you got any friends?

fluffygal Fri 28-Feb-14 12:47:02

WTF?! Why did she even talk about stillborns, that is absolutely disgusting. I would email a complaint about that, totally inappropriate topic of conversation with a heavily pregnant woman. I hate the mirrors too and always think I look crap, I have a hairdresser come to my house, no more problem mirrors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now