Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Do you wear an eye mask in bed?

(53 Posts)
annabelcaramel Tue 25-Feb-14 20:34:57

I want one. I fear I truly am, as DP says, turning into Margot Leadbetter. Have looked at reviews on Amazon. So much strong opinion on them....who knew....? Do tell me if I need to fight or give in to this yearning confused

LoveIsTheDrug Tue 25-Feb-14 20:37:55

No, it would piss me off. I can't wear pyjamas in bed either, feels like I'm being garrotted. Vile.

Which ones are you looking at? Can we have a link please? smile

whereisshe Tue 25-Feb-14 20:39:22

Only on planes. Other than that I don't see the point, there aren't any bright lights in my bedroom.

craftysewer Tue 25-Feb-14 20:39:28

I can't wear them, they annoy the hell out of me. But DH and DD both wear them as they work shifts and together with ear plugs it means they get to sleep during the day and I can carry on as normal and disturb them.

annabelcaramel Tue 25-Feb-14 20:41:45

Linkage issues- just put eye masks into Amazon, the degree of analysis amazed me. It's DPs iPad wot is driving me to it.

HowAboutNo Tue 25-Feb-14 20:42:14

I would wake up and panic blush idiot

brunette123 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:43:40

ooh yes everynight - I have to have total blackness and find I sleep much better although I do think your eyes look puffy in the morning but no mask means no sleep for me and I get them from ebay for a few pounds - cotton waffle ones are better than satiny ones as your skin can breathe

VivaLeBeaver Tue 25-Feb-14 20:44:53

I have to have total darkness but just have a blackout blind.

canutesauntie Tue 25-Feb-14 20:44:56

Only in hospital, essential there. Black silk one from Amazon has been the most comfortable.
Earplugs in hospital too

brunette123 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:45:20

just looking on Amazon - those contoured ones look like strapless push-up bras

PiggyPlumPie Tue 25-Feb-14 20:45:34

I do sometimes, if DH is watching something or if I have a headache I find a little bit of pressure on my eyes helpful.

It is never on in the morning though so I guess I take it off at some point.

Amrapaali Tue 25-Feb-14 20:46:36

I would love to wear one, but I fear I may wake up to find it hanging off my ear or wound around my toe. I am, what you call, a thrasher. grin

annabelcaramel Tue 25-Feb-14 20:47:03

Yes Brunette123 - the whole fabric, size, type of elastic, I never considered all of that. I just want to stop waking up because Top Gear is flickering in my peripheral vision.

And I like Margot Leadbetter.

More1nfoPlease Tue 25-Feb-14 20:47:24

I used to when we lived in central London. DH gave it to me. It was pink, glittery and furry and said THE BITCH IS SLEEPING in big purple embroidery.

Unfortunately the dog liked it too and the thought of putting it on my face has grossed me out waaaay too much after that.

I found the free ones you get on aeroplanes (the cotton ones) were the best.

Not in the winter but yes, once it starts getting light really early. I had a nice silky one off amazon but the elastic went. Now i have a lovely soft fluffy one i got in the states.

mellowdramatic Tue 25-Feb-14 20:49:05

I wear one in summer. Would recommend moulded cups so it doesn't squeeze your eyeballs!

annabelcaramel Tue 25-Feb-14 20:49:35

Amrapaali grin there's probably a thrash version out there, every other base seems to be covered!

I had this one. It was very comfy but useless once the elastic went.

brunette123 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:49:45

yes annabel and sometimes the elastic is too tight and they press into your eyeballs - I have become a bit of an expert on them. I like a little bit of pressure on my eyes to help me keep them closed - odd I know

TheWhispersOfTheGods Tue 25-Feb-14 20:49:48

Eem, yes. Every night blush

Although in my defence I sleep really badly, my eyes just flutter the fuck open for no reason and the blindfold pins them down, and dh and I live in a single room so the computer is in here too, and dh needs a lot less sleep than me, so he stays up til midnight on the pc, and I need dark to sleep.

blush to admit that they come from airline kits that relatives flying to Australia have given me. Fyi, the Emirates one is the best quality so far but I've lost the fucker and the Qatar one will do in a pinch like when I've lost the other one .

If I don't have a blindfold I sleep with a pillow on my head so at least this way I can breathe!

Turniphead1 Tue 25-Feb-14 20:52:27

I have an eye mask, ear plugs and home cinema style full black out blinds. Still, the light coming under the door annoys me.

I have er.... Issues! wink

Melawen Tue 25-Feb-14 20:53:27

I rarely do, but when I do it because it's too ruddy bright somewhere and they never last long!

Amrapaali Tue 25-Feb-14 20:54:45

Hang on, moulded cups?!! shock

[Checks thread again to see we are still talking about masks and not bras]

You're right, Annabel, there seems to be every version going...

annabelcaramel Tue 25-Feb-14 20:56:04

I think I'm going to have to give it a go. And I think we need an eye mask smiley.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now