Please note that threads in this topic are removed from the archive 90 days after the thread was started. If you would like your thread to be retrievable for longer than that, please choose another topic in which to post it.

Things you NEVER hear a teenager say......

(376 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Feb-14 13:27:01

'Do you know what? I think I will do it now, and get it out of the way. Will have the rest of the holidays free then.

angry

TheresNoMeWithoutYou Tue 18-Feb-14 13:29:09

Of course you are right, it would have been easier to do it properly the first time. I apologise.

Just off to tidy my room

No, I couldn't do with an extra tenner 'just in case'. Cheers for offering though Mam, put it back in your purse.

yolothankgod Tue 18-Feb-14 13:30:31

Fancy a Brew ???

I'll just go tidy my room ....

No thanks, I don't need any money.

I'll get up with the little ones - you stay in bed till noon, mum.

I HATE sitting round all day in my jammies, I'm off to get dressed.

Vickiyumyum Tue 18-Feb-14 13:33:43

heres that £10 I owe you. (seriously grr at the moment as 16yr old ds has rung me at work to ask me to transfer £30 to his account as hes got no money. He worked two days last week and earned £120, hes brought nothing and been nowhere except out with his mates, so where has the money gone?)

magimedi Tue 18-Feb-14 13:34:01

I think I'd better take my coat - it could be cold.

There's so much delicious food to eat in this house.

There's just so much to do, I can't imagine being bored

No I don't need a lift, the walk will do me good.

I have no idea where my phone is.

I am bored with my Playstation. I think I'll go out for a walk. Want anything from the shops?

Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Feb-14 13:34:59

Yay! it's not just me.

How about 'Ooh Mum's ironed my clothes and put them on my bed. I will just put them away in the wardrobe before they get creased'.

Shitblush I guess I really do have it good! Mine have said most of the above

OryxCrake Tue 18-Feb-14 13:35:58

No more thanks, I'm full.

I have 5 pieces of homework to complete in 2 weeks. So I will aim to do 1 piece per day rather than leaving it til 9pm the night before it is all due in.

I have a football match tomorrow, I better Check that I have all of my kit.

StupidMistakes Tue 18-Feb-14 13:37:11

No I don't .want an allowance I will get a Saturday job/paper round it will teach me the value of money

I've just cleaned the loo and changed the toilet roll.

Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Feb-14 13:39:44

Sold how did you manage it? envy

Tantrums you are describing what DS2 doesn't do. Perfectly. angry

MothratheMighty Tue 18-Feb-14 13:40:45

It's OK, I'm not hungry

You are right, that is all outgrown junk that is cluttering up the house, I'll take it to the charity shop.

Is that my alarm clock? I will leap out of bed right now.

TBH, between the pair of them, they are very good about not scrounging cash or lifts unless really necessary, they pay back loans, make tea and dinner, do a fair share of chores and have done for several years.

Sparklingbrook Tue 18-Feb-14 13:41:21

Woolly-dream on. sad

MothratheMighty Tue 18-Feb-14 13:41:40

Thank God Sold, I would hate to be the only one screwing up this thread. grin

LemonMousse Tue 18-Feb-14 13:43:02

Sold have you checked to make sure they're real teenagers and not some alien life form inside their bodies? wink

Oneglassandpuzzled Tue 18-Feb-14 13:43:39

Why don't I walk the dog every day I'm off for half-term? Anything else I can do for you?

GoldenGytha Tue 18-Feb-14 13:45:33

I'm with SoldatAuction and Mothra

My DDs are 22 and 21 now, but have always said all of the above.

Would be very disappointed if they hadn't.

I have to put it down to a combination of dumb luck and meanie parenting!
From a young age, they had to do their own laundry, clean rooms, help with meal planing and stuff.
After a few times of leaving things to the last minute, they learned to start homework/projects right away.
They know to put a kettle on when you come in, one makes, one pours.
One of mine will turn down extra money, but the other will always accept it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now